cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERE IS THE FIX EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I HAVE BEEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEING IN LIMBO WITH PORTING AND ACTIVATION, FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHICH I FOUND FROM ANOTHER MEMBER ON HERE, AND BOOM , NUMBER PORTED, AND YOU CAN LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. HERE YOU GO FOLKS............

[ Edited ]

I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts.  I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete.  .

The fix for me...

1.  On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account

2.  On the right click on Create Account

3.  Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier

4.  If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.

if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.  I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.

5.  If your number did port, but was in limbo.  Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code

6.  Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.

7.  Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.

8.  Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion.  I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.

9. Type in a new password.

10.  It will say account has been created.

11.  Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created

12.  Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported.  It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website.   Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began.  Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.

All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled.  I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.

37 REPLIES 37

@Stephy12330 wrote:

Hey just wondering im having that same issue just wondering how u fixed it?

@Stephy12330, are you having issues with completing a number port?  What carrier brand are you porting from.  Wireless number ports typically complete within a couple of hours.  Home phones and VOIP take much longer.  If your port is taking excessive time to complete, it could be due to a stuck port.  Only the moderator team can resubmit a port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Stephy12330
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey just wondering im having that same issue just wondering how u fixed it?

Stephy12330

How did u fix the issue? 

YellowCap

Great job.  It worked for me.

seltaeb1956

if you can not receive calls then your port has probably failed, you will need to get a hold of a moderator to fix.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi:

In the above FIX, there is a reference to receiving a text with a verification code, a 6 digit number. Which you need to enter into the web site. What is this code? I never received it. I did receive two texts right away, one told me a had a $6 award applied to my account (from number 100), and the other from 611 telling me my pin number, that I had just entered when I start up my account. Two hours later I received my final text from (400) 500-0205, welcoming me to Public, and asking me to go fill the SIM & Actiation form. Which I had already done. My account is setup, and my plan and add-ons show as correct. I can make calls and send texts, but can not receive calls. Does this sound normal? I realise my port from Speakout somehow does not complete fully. But I was wondering about the 6 digit verification code?

seltaeb1956

Thanks to all for nice comments, I actuallly found the above solution from another member, can't remember who it was, but they certainly deserve credit too.......

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Didn't realize how significant this fix was (until Jeremy_M highlighted it in Top Contributors November 2016).

Good job @seltaeb1956Thumb Up

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Self serve at its best 🙂

Reco

Thanks @seltaeb1956.

I managed to come to step 12 now, and that was even a week earlier, but when I put the PM SIM in my phone nothing works and Rogers SIM still continues to work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Moderators are no help. I sent four private messages already.

I also created two tickets and promised an e-mail within 48 hours, but I received nothing from them Man Sad

So far, all my messages were very courteous and polite (both public and private), but I haven't received any attention from the moderators. This is my 11th day. Tomorrow, if my issue is not resolved or I didn't get any messages from PM, I will ask my credit card company to reverse charges and complete this PM saga.

@seltaeb1956 wrote:

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I HAVE BEEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEING IN LIMBO WITH PORTING AND ACTIVATION, FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHICH I FOUND FROM ANOTHER MEMBER ON HERE, AND BOOM , NUMBER PORTED, AND YOU CAN LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. HERE YOU GO FOLKS............

[ Edited ]

I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts.  I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete.  .

The fix for me...

1.  On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account

2.  On the right click on Create Account

3.  Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier

4.  If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.

if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.  I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.

5.  If your number did port, but was in limbo.  Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code

6.  Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.

7.  Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.

8.  Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion.  I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.

9. Type in a new password.

10.  It will say account has been created.

11.  Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created

12.  Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported.  It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website.   Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began.  Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.

All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled.  I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.

renof

@oilblue99 Thank you so much for mentioning me.

I'm just glad that my steps were of help for some members on the forum.  I feel for them.   I don't mind @seltaeb1956gets the credit for the fix.  I just felt bad for many people who had the same issue as me when I first signed up and was stuck in limbo.  

Best of luck.  I just hope I was able to alleviate some pressure off the moderators @Shazia_K@Mary_M 

Thanks @Rockdaddy22 for all your contributions to the forum as well.  You seem to know your way around.  

oilblue99

Glad it worked for you @readstooswift ! That's excellent!

Kudos also due to @renof who posted the exact steps here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

I'm thinking some bravos need to sent over to renof's post too. 🙂

readstooswift

Thank you so much @seltaeb1956!! This worked for me as well!

34787Bob

I can get all the way through the process and create an account, however my number has not ported.

I need a working phone.  @Shazia_K can you help me out with this incomplete port? I previously send you a message with my details.

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I want this to work so badly! I still have my temp PM number and my old Telus number that I am trying to port is gone.

I went to my account and did steps 1 through 4. The trouble is, the PM SIM is still on the temp PM number so the text isn't being received, so I don't have the 6 digit code. Is there help for that situation?

Rockdaddy22
Account number is good enough don't worry about pin or imei

SmudgeBro

@Shazia_K

Yes, sent a PM to the mods - made sure to include ALL info they needed (Old account #, Phone number being ported, IMEI, ICCID, MEID).  If I could attach a Tim Horton's coffee, or $5 bill I would also attach. 

Promotion +3 tomorrow.  Hopefully we see more tickets cleared.

Still no way I'm going back to Rogers.  I've spent more time on the phone with their customer service reps than on this forum so far Cat LOL

Dani_S

@SmudgeBro Got no incoming calls or texts Smiley Sad Contacted mods yesterday. We wait...

reh
@SmudgeBro
I am in the exact same boat as you...I know it has been "48hours" yet, and I know with the fall promo things are backlogged however I just want this to get fixed asap. I am traveling soon and dont want to be stuck paying rogers while I'm away. Plus I want to have to have to ensure they don't charge me another 30days for cancelling @Mary_M please help

cszhb

It works for me. Thank you very nuch.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL

Nanalogue

wish this worked for me 😞 can't get past step 5 so patiently waiting grrr

good to see some of you finally getting to enjoy PM service though!

Rockdaddy22
@reh keep using the Rogers sim until it's solved. You'll need to contact a mod. You have a failed part.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

allenly

Hi   @seltaeb1956,

My account was also in limbo. I followed your step and was able to get the SMS with PIN  and created the account.  I can log in now and see my plan. How can i check if my phone number was ported from the portal? 

I cannot make/receive calls or data. 

Thanks

reh
Please help mods!!
I just found out that incoming texts are actually not being received (so my library books are late!)...i am not sure about outgoing.

I can make.outgoing calls and my pm/rogers #shows up on the recipients call display. Incoming not working on pm but does still work on rogers.

@Mary_M please help!!

kingbread

reporting the same, DATA and texts seem to work.

i can even make outgoing calls, but cannot receive calls

Rockdaddy22
You have an incomplete port. You need a mod. I wasn't referring to cases like yours when I'm talking about people trying sims. I'm talking to people who get invalid sim message and have been charged.

SmudgeBro

Ah - got it.

SmudgeBro

I do have the PM sim in my primary phone.  Put the Rogers SIM in an iPhone1 to receive calls.  Yes, the iPhone1 still works - LOL.

Rockdaddy22
That's an incomplete port Smudge, you need a mod. All these probably had working sims the whole time. Some just never try them.
Need Help? Let's chat.