SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I HAVE BEEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEING IN LIMBO WITH PORTING AND ACTIVATION, FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHICH I FOUND FROM ANOTHER MEMBER ON HERE, AND BOOM , NUMBER PORTED, AND YOU CAN LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. HERE YOU GO FOLKS............
6 hours ago - last edited 6 hours ago
I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts. I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete. .
The fix for me...
1. On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account
2. On the right click on Create Account
3. Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier
4. If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.
if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.
5. If your number did port, but was in limbo. Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code
6. Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.
7. Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.
8. Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion. I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.
9. Type in a new password.
10. It will say account has been created.
11. Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created
12. Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported. It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website. Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began. Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.
All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled. I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.
I can confirm that this works. Thanks @seltaeb1956.
I just finished activating my number ported from wind, and tested sending text messages and calling.
Just in case someone is wondering what state of limbo I was in:
My activation had failed on the last step, and when I tried re-starting registration, it said the SIM was invalid. However, my credit card had been charged.
Everything is working now.
After you're done setting up the account, you should setup your phone for data:
@seltaeb1956 Bump. I haven't had any problems porting but I'm just here to bump your post because it has worked for @celmensp so it should work for others.
thanks for this,
i just want to ask, did your previous acct with your provider get cancelled properly?
So hopeful, but no - got the error message in step 4.
However, outgoing calls work, outgoing texts work, incoming texts work (on PM Network), but incoming calls still go to old Rogers SIM. Anyone else in the same boat? Feels.... strange.
I do have the PM sim in my primary phone. Put the Rogers SIM in an iPhone1 to receive calls. Yes, the iPhone1 still works - LOL.