cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELp!! I ported out the wrong phone number

Ainsley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really need help!!

I Ported out my wife's number by accident as it is a similar number. I quickly changed it to the correct number but now her phone is not working. This is her business number and she needs to get it back right away. Can someone please tell me the steps I need to take 

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@Danbaws  you might want to start your own new thread so other won't miss replying your question.

So, you have ported out your PM number to another provider?

If that is the case, your old PM account is now closed and your sim is no longer useful.  You need to activate a new account and port the number back into Public Mobile.  

You will need to buy a new PM sim card, preferably buy it in person from Telus or Koodo store or buy it from Amazon for its quick shipping

Once you have the new sim card, just activate here and request porting in

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Danbaws

Hi Ainsley,

I like to check with you how you got the issue resolved ?

I’ve the same issue as you as I accidentally ported out my number. 

Appreciate your advice & thanks in advance. 

@Ainsley wrote:

I really need help!!

I Ported out my wife's number by accident as it is a similar number. I quickly changed it to the correct number but now her phone is not working. This is her business number and she needs to get it back right away. Can someone please tell me the steps I need to take 

thanks

I would say that it's your wife's old carrier that she might have to contact.  When  you ported in another phone number to Public Mobile, this would have automatically cancelled/deactivated your wife's phone number.   

If your wife's phone number is still in the Telus system, the moderators might be able reactivate it on a new account/new sim card.  If the number has already gone back to the original carrier, that carrier might have an easier time getting it working again.

This is a mess, and unfortunately porting in a second phone number on top was probably one of the worst things that could have been done.  Good luck.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ainsley PM Moderators have to fix this issue from there side, so please send a Private message by clicking here @CS_Agent explain them the issue with your phone number & they will get back to you.

Porting the wrong number is no problem, it still exists under one of your accounts.

Cancelling or even reversing a port is no problem, or even waiting and porting it back.

But porting a number, then changing the number or transfering a different number over it means you essentially overwrote that number and its no longer registered to any of your accounts. You really want to contact the mods. It might be released to the inital carrier, and be sitting in the pool ready to be released back into the public in X days.

@Ainsley wrote:

Yes my number ported out correctly. Her's is canceled? It does not even ring

@AinsleyIf you ported her number out, then you transfered your other number over her number, you might have just done something really, really bad

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ainsley wrote:

the only option is to contact mods as mentioned,  and hope for the best.  

Ainsley

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ainsley wrote:

Can someone please tell me the steps I need to take 

Clean the bathroom, buy her diamonds.

Throw away those things she hates, and replace them with a nice vase of flowers, with a hand written poem declaring your love for her.

Other than the suggestions above. Make sure that both the old, and new sim card are in seperate phones, so if someone calls no matter what step the porting process is in, it rings 1 of 2 phones and she can answer. You should be able to reverse the port.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

so did your nmber port out properly?  and yoru wifes just got cancelled?  what number was assigned on the new sim ?

the only real option is to contact the mods.  Can't remember but you might need to get a new pm sim for mods to reactivate the account.  

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ainsley

You should send a Private message to MOD by clicking on this link @Moderator_Team they will get back to you. Or contact the old provider.

**** Please note: I am not a Moderator ****

Need Help? Let's chat.