cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: No service whatsoever!

felicia07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I signed up for publicmobile on June 17, received my SIM card and proceeded to create an account for myself. Half way through the registration process, the website glitched and kicked me out. I was on the 'pick your plan' page trying to pick the options I wanted when the website booted me out. 

I tried to re-create an account, but the website gives me an error (* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.); therefore, I figured the website must have saved my registration even though I hadn't completed the process before it booted me. I proceeded to try to log in. My email and password I had entered did not work. To give public mobile the benefit of the doubt, I then chose the option that I 'forgot my password' even though I'm certain of the password I had entered. I entered my email address on the email verification page and it leads me to a security question that I did not pick. Puzzling!

I have been in contact with publicmobile regarding this issue since July 19 to try to resolve the issue. I have received several emails to verify my email address and I have done so; this has not solved the problem.

After all these issues with my account, not being able to log in and not even having picked a plan, publicmobile prompted Koodo (my previous provider) to cancel my plan. On July 21, Koodo emailed me and said that I 'recently scheduled [my] mobility service to be cancelled on July 21, 2016'. I in no way thought my Koodo service would be cancelled if these publicmobile related issues were not resolved. This is completely unacceptable.

Today, I have the publicmobile sim card in my phone as I no longer have my Koodo account. Yesterday, publicmobile emailed me to say that they are opening a ticket to solve the self-serve issue; however it can take weeks before the issue is solved. Publicmobile said that they would provide me with a 10 day plan that includes unlimited texts in Canada and unlimited calls in the province in the meantime. As of today,  I haven't received texts or calls, I cannot text out or call out,  and I do not have data! I switched from my unlimited talk/text Canada-wide and data to nothing? I in turn requested the 90 day plan with unlimited talk and text Canada wide and 4GB/ 90 days, as I originally intended before being booted from the site on day-1.

There is no evidence to suggest that I received this plan and the fact that it can take weeks to get resolved is disconcerting to say the least. How can publicmobile cancel my original cell service provider when they didn't have my account and plan details in advance? This is completely unacceptable. I do not have a landline and rely solely on my cell phone. 

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Please help! 
35 REPLIES 35

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @kav2001c, I hadn't noticed that.

@Kalla_A, good luck in your retirement and any future endevours, you certainly will be missed around here... 😞

@JaK hey just fyi it shows Kaila is retired now so don't think she can help anymore

Anyone know for sure what powers are retained after retirement?

It sounds like port in process was initiated but account not activated (did you even get to add funds?)

You will need a mod to fix this

Definitely a mess. It is unusual for both the PM and old carrier sim to be inactive. Usually, you can make outgoing calls with PM and incoming continues with Koodo until the port completes.

You will likely need to send a moderator some information by private message. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @felicia07

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble getting set up with Public Mobile. These sound like the kind of issues that one of the community moderators can likely help you with, one should be back online tomorrow morning. @Kalla_A@Mary_M@Shazia_K can you help?

(The Koodo account cancellation sounds like the result of a number port, if you requested your Koodo number be ported over to PM then it is normal for Koodo to cancel your account as part of the process.)

Need Help? Let's chat.