cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! My data seems to be disabled!

mibs000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey all

My current cycle is about to end (Nov 16) and I was notified that I had 300 mbs left. I purchased an additional 200 mbs for 10$ that went through. 

As of now, my data isn't working at all (public mobile is asking me to log in my network) and I cannot see my data option in my account. It's as if my account dosen't have a data option even though publicmobile confirms my plan does.

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me!

Thanks in advance

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mibs000 sign into self-serve on the 16th (or the day after your payment due date that shows in self-serve) and verify that the correct plan is showing.  There is a chance it might not change correctly.  If that's the case, don't panic, but send @Shazia_K a private message at that time with your phone number and mention that the scheduled plan change didn't work; she will be able to correct it for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mibs000
Thank you all!

I didn't know I consumed all my data since I cannot view anything on my account page. I will purchase some more. I also changed my plan for the 12gb per 3 months. Do I need to do anything so it takes in effect for my Nov 16th renewal?

Hello @mibs000

I'm sorry about this!

I took a look at your account and I see that you had a base plan of 6GB which was fully consumed and then you added 200MB on the 27th of October which has also already been fully consumed. 

Please follow @stonechucker suggestion and log into your self-serve account to purchase another add-on. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@mibs000

You got a response yesterday that says you may have used all your data.  Sign in to self serve to check if you have any available data remaining.

mibs000

Someone please help me! I'm about to leave for the day with no data! 

mibs000

So any solutions? I have a question mark above my connectivity icon and I still cant use my data...

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304

good to know for future reference

Thank you 🙂

imm1304

@meekju1339@mibs000

An exclamation mark on your signal bars and a notification directing you to sign into your public mobile account are hallmarks of an account where data allowance has been used up.  Just FYI

mibs000

Thank you imm1304

My add on dosent show anything

• My Add-Ons
  • You currently don't have any Add ons on your account
  •  

Please advise what I should do next

meekju1339

What does it say under your data usage on your account? Are you over your initial usage yet? Because maybe its another issue

imm1304

@mibs000, when you sign into selfserve, on the overview page, left half of the screen.. as you scroll down, you see Account status, My Rewards, and then My Add-ons.  

Under My add-ons, a new line should appear which says Booster name: 200MB data.  This is how you can know for sure if the data add-on has been added.  

This is where a separate line should show how much of the data included with your plan has been used as well.  

Since it looks like something has gone wrong, I will tag our super helpful moderator @Shazia_K to help sort this out.  Provide her with your public mobile phone number and any info she needs via private message.

mibs000

Thank you all for the messages.

I believe I did all the above. I dont see the add on anywhere in my account but I do see this in my payment history

Date Transaction TypeCredit (Payments)Debit (Charges)Balance

Oct 27, 2016Data 200Mb IPP $10.00$0.00
Oct 27, 2016Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$10.00 $10.00

So I believe, the payment went through. I cannot verify how much data I have used to know if I exceeded the 300 mbs since it is not listed in my account either....

meekju1339

Also, the button will change from "make payment" to "buy addons". So first make the payment then buy the addon. It shoud immedietly show up in your addons.

meekju1339

Yes that is true. When you select an addon it brings you to the page to buy the credits. Then you have to go back and select to buy the addon with the available credits

mibs000

EDIT:

I also want to mention I dont see the add on on my account, but it is listed in my payment options.  The problem started about 2 hours ago..

imm1304

Hey @mibs000, you should have had access to your data add-on immediately.

Does your selfserve show the $10 you paid as "Available funds"?

If so, you need to go back and buy that add-on now.

It gets confusing if you don't already have available funds in the account before purchasing an add-on.  After selecting the add-on, the system directs you to a payment page to top up.  After topping up, you still need to go back and purchase the add-on.  

So, if the money you topped up is reflected in your "Available funds" category, then go ahead and purchase the add-on now.  If this is not the case, reply back and one of the moderators will help you fix the issue. 

mibs000

I had 300 mbs left on oct 27th, so I made the 200 mbs purchase the 28th. I dont think I even depleted the 300 mbs....

meekju1339

How long ago did you do that? Sometimes it can take an hour or so for an addon to take effect.

Need Help? Let's chat.