cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP, Lost legacy plan due to credit card not going through

Taylork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I woke up today to find my phone not working. I checked my account and found that the auto payment did not go through because I forgot I got a new credit card. When I updated my credit card info I found that my legacy plan (90 day, 6GB data 4G, international text and call, $135) was not to be found anywhere.

I Can’t seem to fix this by myself and asking for help, Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

suzannelab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Taylorkwrote:

I do think it is a legacy plan because i remeber seeing that it said it was legacy whenever I looked at it online. The plan that i am trying to get back is canada call and text 6GB/90days at $135. I can't remeber the day i sign up for it though but i been wiht them for 3 years.

When i do call the *611 number it says "sorry your service has been temporly suspended, please make a payment to resum your sevice." 

And on the account page is in big red letters, Account status: Plan expired.

You are on a legacy plan if you still have access to over-the-phone in-person customer service when dialing *611 and do not receive any rewards. You would also have been affected by the price increases on legacy plans last year and early this year (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap... )

As mentioned - and linked to in my previous post as well - there is no Canada wide talk & text plan in the official legacy plan line-up as of January 2015 that comes with 2GB/$45/30days (=6GB/$135/90days). The then $45 plan only included 1GB/month.

If your bill is lowered by receiving loyalty rewards, auto pay rewards (if you have your credit card registered), refer-a-friend rewards (as long as the referree is an active PM customer) and/or community rewards (depending on your activity here) and you only get the automated system when calling *611 - you are not a legacy customer but on a grandfathered plan.

If you have changed your plan in the last three years you would have been choosing from an in-market plan and have lost your legacy status (if that was what you were on before).

You said you signed up 3 years ago. Unless you have let your plan expire between some of your payment cycles and assuming that your payment date was recently my math brings me back to March or early April 2015 - after the January 27/2015 cut-off for legacy plans.

I was on a grandfathered plan for a bit (the plan is no longer offered at that price), since I'm just coming up on my first anniversary with Public Mobile I'm clearly not a legacy customer. This is how my plan page looked like:

Screenshot 072017.png

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Taylork It was probably them just updating their system. My active plan details will sometimes dissapear for a few hours at a time and then come back on their own. Glad everything resolved itself.

Taylork

UPDATE: I logged into my account and my plan finally showed up, I was able to pay and now it is active again. I didn't change anything but is was magically there. Maybe the message to the moderators helped but I did not receive a reply back from them. 

Everything is working now, guess I had to wait or message the moderators. 

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Taylork

I do think it is a legacy plan because i remeber seeing that it said it was legacy whenever I looked at it online. The plan that i am trying to get back is canada call and text 6GB/90days at $135. I can't remeber the day i sign up for it though but i been wiht them for 3 years.

When i do call the *611 number it says "sorry your service has been temporly suspended, please make a payment to resum your sevice." 

And on the account page is in big red letters, Account status: Plan expired.

@Anonymouswrote:

Hey @Taylork,  Since you are a on a legacy plan (from before Jan 27, 2015), you should be able to call *611.  If not able to, send a private message to the moderator team, and they should be able to help you out.  Include your account number or phone number and account PIN (if you have it).  It might speed up the process a bit.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know what happens.

Sorry to be "that" kind of person... but I don't think that the op is on a legacy plan. If I look at the legacy plan offerings (posted by @Luddite here - the pricing has been rised twice since) 6GB/90days would have been 2GB/30days for $60 or $180/90days. I don't see a "fully" international call option with 2GB of data for $45/30days in there that would still be honoured by Public Mobile, but I happily stand corrected if one of the longstanding community members has an according screen shot.

What they describe is closer to a grandfathered plan (ie signed up after January 2015, no *611 access to in-person customer service, plan no longer offered but still available to them as long as they don't change it or have left their account suspended for more than 90days).

According to @Someone_here's excellent table, the op signed up before July 2017 if they have Canada wide calling, or after September 20/2017 if they have province wide calling.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From "How do I contact Public Mobile?":

"Any customer who has activated before January 27th 2015, may call in by dialing *611 from your phone or 1-855-4PUBLIC"

It might be worth trying the toll free number.

Good luck!

Taylork

I didnt change anything, I*- have always been able to go to my account and see the payment. I do still have cell coverage but nothing works. The *611 number also doesnt work for me because "I dont have a valid account" or something like that.

That's strange.  Even if autopay failed, you should have still been on the same plan once you did pay.  Did your plan change to something different and does your service work now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Taylork,  Since you are a on a legacy plan (from before Jan 27, 2015), you should be able to call *611.  If not able to, send a private message to the moderator team, and they should be able to help you out.  Include your account number or phone number and account PIN (if you have it).  It might speed up the process a bit.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.