cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! CAN'T CALL CRA 1-800 #### CERB EMERGENCY SUPPORT NUMBER

kdscv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! 

Took me an hour to figure out how this community site works. It's critical I get this resolved ASAP.

MY PHONE: ONEPLUS 6

MY PLAN: 

• - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

I CANNOT CALL CRA 1-800 ####'s 

I NEED TO Specifically CALL CANADA REVENUE for the EMERGENCY bailout support line! WHY ARE THESE EMERGENCY NUMBERS BEING BLOCKED BY PUBLIC MOBILE!! 

Everytime I call it tells me the number is not included in my plan! 

HOW IS IT EVEN LEGAL FOR PM TO BLOCK GOVERNMENT EMERGENCY SUPPORT NUMBERS!?!?

23 REPLIES 23

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thats strange, i tried to dial the CRA 1800 number and im getting a fast busy signal. maybe the CRA lines are all clogged up.

My first guess would be maxed out network access to the 800 numbers even if the message you get because of this doesn't necesarily make sense.

@kdscv 

Please keep in mind when commenting that YOU AREN'T talking to Public Mobile on here, you are talking to customers like yourself who basically are volunteering here to try to help other customers out. We understand your frustration but, that is no reason to take out your disapproval of the process on us.

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoyLuck , @gblackma , you are providing incorrect information regarding the 500 minutes.  It is not needed for toll free numbers.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

May I ask why you are not applying for CERB online? It takes literally minutes and should not use a lot of your 6GB data in case you do not have home internet.

It will take longer if you don't already have a CRA online account, but... it is an emergency so why not try the other official method of application before getting angry for not being able to call?

The phone line is probably maxed out and you'll be on hold for who knows how long anyways. All the best!

Add the 500 minutes for $5 add on so you can at least make the call. You  can then contact the moderators later to see what is happening with your account and maybe ask them to credit that $5 to your account. I am not sure what the wait times are, but I have read that if your are on hold for a certain length of time your call might get disconnected.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kdscv 

I know you are disappointed right now because your phone's not letting you make this call, and there is a bit of a delay to get help through the ticket/moderator system, but that is because this is a self-serve, bottom tier, discount service provider.  If you want to be able to call and get service right away, then pay up to the top service providers!

Not to turn the discussion into a political one, the government has been asked over and over again by many why they did not just give everyone payments and then tax back those who don't qualify.  All we have heard is evasive gibberish.  It is unfortunate that the government has totally dropped the ball and a lot of people are suffering as a result.  

kdscv

This method of customer support is terrible, inefficient and disappointing. 

Made even more evident given the economic and global crisis we're facing.  

Thanks anyways. 

@kdscv  Toll free means that you should be able to call the number from anywhere in Canada. Public Mobile does not block these numbers.

Are you dialing the number directly or from your contacts or history? 

Your current plan should not prohibit you from calling that number.

Submit a ticket ASAP to get this resolved. In the meantime.

Try the following to get do a soft reset on your plan. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kdscv , I have a province wide calling package similar to yours.  I tried calling the CERB number and it works.  There might be something different affecting your account.  If might be worthwhile asking the moderator team to look into it.  Long ago, there used to be lots of provisioning problems that makes calling certain numbers not possible particularly toll free numbers.  I was affected and had my account reprovisioned.  

kdscv

I have the numbers! I can't call them from my provincial plan! This was in the original post! 

Questions about applying for CERB with CRA?

Find answers to common questions with this automated help line:
1-833-966-2099

To speak with an agent about CERB, or CRA My Account:
1-800-959-8281

kdscv

":TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free." 

I don't understand, why would anyone need a phone plan at all if they can simply use an app that makes calls in US and Canada for free? 

@kdscv  I'm making suggestions. Heres another option add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. 

kdscv

This is already a HUGE waste of time! 

THANKS FOR NOTHING PUBLIC MOBILE!

@kdscv wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@kdscv what's the exact message that you get when you try to make the call? Thanks 

Since you are on the provincial calling plan you may have to buy the 500 minute, $5 Canada wide addon. Heres an article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

And here's a Step by step picture buying addon guide https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-Buy-an-Add-On/m-p/525340/highlig...

Stay safe 

You're telling me, I have to BUY an add-on to call an EMERGENCY GOVERNMENT PHONE NUMBER.

During an UNPRECEDENTED GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND ECONOMIC CRISIS?!

You can also contact a moderator to look into your plan, but I would take @gblackma 's recommendation of buying the add on as a possible solution, otherwise you can contact a moderator to look into your plan.

Please contact a Moderator who can access your account to assist you:

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page.

Step 2: Type in “moderator”

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

kdscv

I understand you're trying to help, but:

WE ARE IN A GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND ECONOMIC EMERGENCY. THESE ARE EMERGENCY SUPPORT PHONE ####s. 

So, I have to BUY an addon to call EMERGENCY 800 support numbers?! 

I'm trying to avoid going BANKRUPT because my business is closed and I have NO INCOME WHATSOEVER ANYMORE!!!!

I need to call CRA NOW TO REGISTER FOR CERB, I shouldn't need to buy ANYTHING IN ADDITION TO WHAT I HAVE TO just be to able to CALL CANADA REVENUE AGENCY!?  

This is my ONLY phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

For the time being you could try using apps like WhatsApp, Fongo, or Textnow.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It could be because you look to be on an older "provincial talk" plan.  That type of plan only allows you to make calls to a number with the same area code.  Perhaps you could change your plan to one of the current ones that are unlimited talk Canada wide.  Maybe there is a plan that is comparable to what your paying now, but without the talk restrictions.

@kdscv  You should be able to call that number as part of your plan. Make sure you are dialing the correct number. That message comes up when the number dialed is incorrect.

kdscv

@gblackma wrote:

@kdscv what's the exact message that you get when you try to make the call? Thanks 

Since you are on the provincial calling plan you may have to buy the 500 minute, $5 Canada wide addon. Heres an article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

And here's a Step by step picture buying addon guide https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-Buy-an-Add-On/m-p/525340/highlig...

Stay safe 

You're telling me, I have to BUY an add-on to call an EMERGENCY GOVERNMENT PHONE NUMBER.

During an UNPRECEDENTED GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND ECONOMIC CRISIS?!

kdscv

This is all I get:

"Hi Public Mobile here, Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan. If you would like this service ... "

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.