cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new number, outgoing calls are OK but incoming go straight to voicemail

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Got new Public Mobile number, not a ported one from another provider, outgoing calls are OK, I also see my new phone number in call display but incoming go straight to voicemail.

Is there something I need to unblock in the account?

4 REPLIES 4

krs99

@krs99 wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Try sim in another phone. Reseat Sim in existing phone, reset network settings, reboot phone. Let us know if that works. 

Thanks for the reply, but....

I can make outgoing calls, I also received the two automated texts from Public Mobile, so I assume the SIM must be OK and working else nothing would work.

Besides, I don't have another phone to try the SIM.

I reooted the phone a couple of times already.

Is there a delay before the network recognizes the new number I have?

I just tried calling the cellphone again and now it works - since I didn't change anything, absolutely nothing - this was just a delay to propogate the new number through the network.

For anyone with the same problem in the future:

This was a new Public Mobile number

I finished registration and activation by 8:26pm

Tried outgoing calls at 8:47pm - worked fine, but incoming always went immediately to voicemail

Tried incoming a few more times, alwasy went to voicemail

Tried incoming at 10:18pm - that one came through fine....

So it seems one needs to allow about 2 hrs to get it all to work - seems reasonable to me

However, does Public Mobile not display the incoming number?
I got "Private Number" on the incoming call even though this was from my house phone which does not have the CLID blocked.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krs99 

Your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to reprovision your accout again.

krs99

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Try sim in another phone. Reseat Sim in existing phone, reset network settings, reboot phone. Let us know if that works. 

Thanks for the reply, but....

I can make outgoing calls, I also received the two automated texts from Public Mobile, so I assume the SIM must be OK and working else nothing would work.

Besides, I don't have another phone to try the SIM.

I reooted the phone a couple of times already.

Is there a delay before the network recognizes the new number I have?

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krs99 wrote:

Got new Public Mobile number, not a ported one from another provider, outgoing calls are OK, I also see my new phone number in call display but incoming go straight to voicemail.

Is there something I need to unblock in the account?

Need Help? Let's chat.