cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an offer from koodo 200$ Bill credit

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi , I received a call from koodo customer service where they offer me 200$ bill credits with 35$ plan , comes with 5GB internet unlimited nationwide talking , international texting etc. Right now I am paying 33$ per month for being  with PM for 5 years . Should I switch to koodo or not . Any advantage staying with public or disadvantage switching with Koodo? Help please 

11 REPLIES 11

Farjy

I was wondering if I go to Walmart and switch to Koodo am I eligible to receive Walmart credit which u said 375$ plus 200$ bill credit ? Are you sure ? I’m from Montreal btw . 

Farjy

Wow how smart you are 😊. So am I eligible to take a phone ? Do I have to pay extra per month then ? Also I was wondering how friends referral works? 

@Keljai wrote:

I think you'll have to work it out yourself. You are getting $5 discount for each year you stay,+$2 for auto pay + potential referrals you get. Now with the new plans public mobile is offering, the only major difference is the speed (3g vs LTE) and the potential subsidy of a phone in the future.

This is wrong / misleading: per year you have been with Public Mobile you get $1 loyalty reward deducted from your 30 day plan cost, up to $5.

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to koodo last weekend at Walmart. I got the $35 plan with a $200 bill credit and $375 in wallmart gift cards because I picked up an iphone 6 on a small tab (I then sold the iphone 6 for $250). I used refer a friend and recieved another $50 bill credit. 375+200+250+50 total $875. My bill will be $45 a month including the small tab. 45*24*1.12(tax) is a total of $1209.60 for the 2 years. If I subtract my cash and gift cards and bill credits I will pay about $335 for my 24 months or about $14 a month. This was just too good of a deal to pass up. 

Its hard to say for you.  It depends on your usage.   Both can give you some referral credit, either one time or monthly.  koodo has roaming etc.  

Keljai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think you'll have to work it out yourself. You are getting $5 discount for each year you stay,+$2 for auto pay + potential referrals you get. Now with the new plans public mobile is offering, the only major difference is the speed (3g vs LTE) and the potential subsidy of a phone in the future.

@Farjy, if you look back at the history, it was a price increase that was proposed at Public Mobile which stirred up a ton of controversy in the February/March migration.  The price increase was later rescinded due to significant backlash from the affected customers.  Based on the terms of service we have no price protection with either service. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Farjy even public mobile can raise the price

Farjy

Thank you very much for explanations. Yes she said 200$ I have that voice mail . I will think about it what scares me if they rise the price after . Otherwise koodo looks great . 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Farjy, if you have received the text message for the migration offer, you will see the plan comes with $180 bill credit ($15 per month over 12 months).  Are you saying the local Koodo store is offering you an additional $20 on top of the $180 to migrate?  The stores do not have the authority to go into the system and revise the offer conditions.  If you they give you more, it would be out of their own pocket.  Back in March, I was called by a Koodo franchise store near me.  They made it sound like they were providing me with something extra but it was all BS.  when I actually migrated, I went to a Telus owned store which gave out free SIM cards.  The franchise store would not even give that much away.  I would suggest being careful with these cold calls.

With respect to staying or leaving, it is a hard question with no perfect answer.  It is an individual thing.  You have to do your own personal assessment to see which is a better fit.  Personally, I am in both camps as some of my lines are better off with Koodo, some here. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Only you canake that decision there are pros and minuses from both.  I would probably take the offer. Get a Koodo referals and get an extra $50.

There are several threads discussing the pros and cons of kodoo

Need Help? Let's chat.