cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Got a huge bill from Koodo

Hello friends , I have been switched to Koodo for more than a week and I got some bonus like 180$ credit for migration +50$ referral +375$ Walmart gift card +an iPhone 6 for 240 for two years . So my bill supposed to 45$ per month but as I got 180+50=230$ so this amount will apply on my monthly payment for one year. They charged me 30$ for registration fee but it will be remboursé. Now my question when they going to apply those amount ? Even this 30$ . Any idea ? 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Got a huge bill from Koodo

@Farjy wrote:

Hello friends , I have been switched to Koodo for more than a week and I got some bonus like 180$ credit for migration +50$ referral +375$ Walmart gift card +an iPhone 6 for 240 for two years . So my bill supposed to 45$ per month but as I got 180+50=230$ so this amount will apply on my monthly payment for one year. They charged me 30$ for registration fee but it will be remboursé. Now my question when they going to apply those amount ? Even this 30$ . Any idea ? 

Koodo also has a forum. Perhaps your questions would be better suited over there?

@Farjy

The $50 referral credit will be paid $10 per month for 5 months after waiting up to 8 week.  Koodo referral system to make sure the new subscriber will stay at lease for 6 to 7 months.

The $180 migration credit will be paid at $15/month for 12 months.  Similar to referral credit, it you leave Koodo less than 12 months, you will not get the full benefit.

Koodo will charge you the connection fee $30 on the first bill and give your $30 credit on the second or third bill.

=================================================== 

Agree.  Your first bill will be large.

= $35 or $40 plan fee

+ $30 connection fee

+ $10 partial month charge from activation date to first first date of your billing cycle.  Your first bill date is usually about 5 to 7 day from activation.

+ GST for AB or HST for other provinces

You are looking at about $80 for the first bill. 

Welcome to post paid plan.  If you are paying the monthly bill and your are not the one who is using the plan, make sure to set up your plan so that the person cannot accept the overage charge from the phone.  This is extremely important if your kid is using the plan.  You don't want your kid to have the authority to accept the overage charge from your kid's phone.

Ask me anything about Koodo.  I had been with Koodo over 7 years.

I spent first bill almost 300dollars for 4 lines because of the activation fee.

but it will be not included in next bill.

Do not worry, it is not scheme.

Oracle

@Farjy, why are you asking about the huge bill here?  There's a Koodo community where you can ask this.  

so your monthly bill will be 40-15-10 = 15+10 = 25 * 1.13 = 28.25

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@Farjy, why are you asking about the huge bill here?  There's a Koodo community where you can ask this.  

Or even better, since you are now post paid, you have access to a call center Smiley Happy.  

1 (866) 995-6636

Mayor / Maire

I think that's a pay per call, call centre.  Might want to come back to Public Mobile once you're done.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

I think that's a pay per call, call centre.  Might want to come back to Public Mobile once you're done.

Wow, that's a thing?!  Apparently though there is no charge to call about your bill, and only for account changes that you can do yourself using their self serve tools, at least according to this fourm post I just skimmed.

Koodo Fourms - Call Center

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

Generally, charges apply to things that you want customer service to do that otherwise can be done by the customer in the online portal.  In a way it is fair, sort of like a semi self serve model.  If customers are adept at doing their own thing and don't mind rolling up the sleeves once in a while, why should they pay to sustain a support center for the benefit of the whiny few who want to be served like kings and queens.