cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone to FreedomMobile

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's official ... I'm back over to FreedomMobile.

The PublicMobile experience was good, but seems FreedomMobile has the plan that has more data and Canada/USA calling.  The $59 plan was on sale for $50, and when we get another family member onto the account, i will have it down to $45 (old better together discount).

Here is what is signed up for:

Rate plan

Promo Everywhere 50 8GB ($50/mo)

Talk

Unlimited calls to Canada & the U.S.

Text

Unlimited text/MMS to Canada & the U.S. Unlimited global text/MMS. Unlimited Canada/U.S. picture/video texting

Data

8GB (full speed). Away (From Anywhere in CAN/U.S.), 1 GB full-speed data, 2400 minutes of calling to Canada and the U.S., Unlimited global text.

I will keep the community forum account here to keep in touch with members and watch for annoucements, etc, but wanted to let the powers that be at PublicMobile know another carrier listened.   More data, no hassles having to buy addon's, and can use in more countries.  Hoping you see the light PublicMobile.  It s good thing going here, but please please take the opporutunity to make it the best.   🙂 

53 REPLIES 53

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sign up at FM $59 with F&F discount come out to $38.35 with all the works on Thursday, here the test along Hwy7 Screenshot_20170901-065620.pngScreenshot_20170901-112907.pngScreenshot_20170901-113507.pngScreenshot_20170901-114214.pngScreenshot_20170901-115737.pngScreenshot_20170901-120748.png

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MEU_21,

I am sure there will be other FM promotions just as good or better than the last one. 

MEU_21

I decided to stay with PM for my one line. Eventually, the big 3 will have to be more competitive, and ~$15/m extra for FM plan's increased out-of zone coverage (i.e. out-of-province, US coverage) is something I would not be able to justify at this time. Perhaps it's an opportunity loss for now on coverage, but a lot can change by the time I'll need it.

Sonic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Well sounds like you got a great deal. Hopefully public mobile does something better to bring you back!

Acekiller

We need more real competition and not pseduo competition from the big companies.

Michael77
Thanks for sharing! Pretty good speeds. 🙂

Wonder_why

May be by fall FM will improved there LTE networks, then time to switch back Cat Happy

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@jeffster1970
I had the same issues as you with Freedom for years, and had their LTE plan with an LG V20 from Dec.2016 till end of June this year when I came to Public because FM LTE did not help at all.

crazycolby

thank you for the infomation.

XJin

I kept my PM line but also opened a FM line yesterday.

$50 promo with 8+1Gb LTE, also I used the 35% off employee F&F discount. So totaled $32.5/mo. And grabed a free ZTE X4 in order to test out their LTE and WiFi Calling.

I attached a picture of the speedtest.

I'm in Mississauga, Erin Mills and Burnhamthorpe. The outdoor performance is fantastic with average 60DL and 25UL. Indoor is okay but basement still no signal, there's the WiFi calling kicks in. This morning I test it again at my bedroom at 2nd floor. Imprisively 87DL and 27UL.

My suggestion is, if you are going, go for a LTE ready phone and with WiFi Calling fueture enabled. not many devices support their LTE and even less has the WiFi Calling.

IMG_9699.JPG

pinkygurl129
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have just switched over from FM to PM due to the network problems I have with them so let's hope that I will be happier with PM even though there is less data. I just don't like it when I can't even use my phone at all it would just have no signal I rather have less data and be able to use my phone almost everywhere I go.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As much as I really like the service here, it's nice to see competition at work.  It's the only means of keeping the carriers honest.  Good luck @paulie, I would be totally interested in how the freedom network is improving in the GTA.

paulie

so far so good !    porting took an hour.   Will now have to do some travelling around the GTA and rest of the province to see how good service is (in the zones and outside the zones).

Michael77
@paulie,

It's nice that you will keep us posted on your FM experience. Thanks. 🙂

MEU_21

Same here... very close to moving... in all honesty, my other line is on the old Freedom35, which is still on 3G, and I can stream with it no problems. Moving to LTE should be even better. I'm waiting for their Customer Service department to come up with something that would also include a device, other than the ZTE Grand X4 - which would be free if I were to switch over from PM now. Well, technically, I could probably get two of them for free, but why?

I may just move my old Freedom account to this one and hotspot off of eachother for coverage when out of zone for freedom / out of province for PM.

Michael77
I am still thinking about switching too. I am considering my options. It's a hard decision to make. The $50 FM plan is really good. I thought FM's network improved a lot. It will only get better. Maybe PM will have a great promotion on Monday? Maybe not? 🙂

jeffster1970

@zhadj030 wrote:
I wouldn't say it is unfortunate to see you go (since you said you will keep the account to stay in touch) , you know what is good for your usage better then anyone else, heck under different circumstances I might have followed you and done the same with that 10 GB promo. Still rooting for freedom to become the 4th carrier and break down those prices.
Bonne chance and hopefully we see better prices in the close future

I was on a really old plan with Freedom, and could have got the 10GB for $45/month, and that's nationwide calling as well.  Coverage was the issue for me. 

Wonder_why
I am thinking as well to switch back, just renew 90 days,have S8 Plus

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I wouldn't say it is unfortunate to see you go (since you said you will keep the account to stay in touch) , you know what is good for your usage better then anyone else, heck under different circumstances I might have followed you and done the same with that 10 GB promo. Still rooting for freedom to become the 4th carrier and break down those prices.
Bonne chance and hopefully we see better prices in the close future

Im lucky enough that my plan re-news in the black friday promo period. So hoping to see decent plans all around 

CalvinW
Keep us updated! Might switch once my 90 days is over.

jeffster1970

My issue with Freedom was that it never really seamlessly went into roaming when I needed it. If I was totally out of zone, it was fine, but otherwise, it would say "Away" but in-town it wouldn't have data, text or voice.  I'm unsure why that was the case, both with my Android phone and iPhone. It was like the other carriers didn't want to play friendly. 

Had Freedom had LTE for my phone, I may have stuck around to see how LTE worked. 

I get signals where even Rogers can't go. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Be sure to keep us updated on how Freedom Mobile is. I'm pulling for them to grow to at least bring some compeition 

Need Help? Let's chat.