cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going away for extended vacation

Rusticbackyard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have 30 day plan and plans to go away for 90 days. I understand that i can suspend my account by not paying for a month. Does that mean i have to pay for the two months that I won't be using the phone?

7 REPLIES 7

@Rusticbackyard wrote:

Hi, I have 30 day plan and plans to go away for 90 days. I understand that i can suspend my account by not paying for a month. Does that mean i have to pay for the two months that I won't be using the phone?

Why are you starting multiple threads on a topic that you have already marked as solved in your original thread?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rusticbackyard wrote:

No.  You can disable autopay and remove your credit card from your account so that PM cannot renew your 30 days plan.  Your account will be suspended on your next renewal date because of no payment. Make sure to send a private message to moderator to re-activate your account before 90 days to keep your phone number and SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rusticbackyard wrote:

You again? 🙂

No. Turn off autopay. The 90 days starts at suspension. ie. end of term. 85 days later (to be safe) you pay into your account enough to cover your plan. It will see that and start you up again with a new term starting then.

Rusticbackyard

Rusticbackyard

Thank you! That's very helpful.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not quite

I don't know what plan you are, but you said 30 days so lets assume it cost $40/30 days

Before you go away:

Make sure you can login to your account

Turn off Auto-pay if you have it enabled

Your plan will go dormant at the end of 30 days or when your plan runs out of time. This is the start of "Suspended" mode and this will last for another 90 days. If you do nothing after 90 days, you account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. Before the 90 are up, if you add enough funds to your account that will pay for the SAME plan you had beforehand ($40),  your account should autostart again on the same plan you origainlly had, and your 30 cycle starts again.

I would not wait 90 days to add funds, I would do it on day 85 or so in case there are issues, you still have time to get moderators to fix it. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Simply disable autopay, and your account will become suspended when your current 30 days is up.  You won't have to pay after that while you are away.

When you come back, make a payment and you will be able to reactivate your account.

Just note that if your account stays suspended for 90 days, it is automatically closed and cannot be reopened.  But it sounds like you will be back before then.

Need Help? Let's chat.