cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Help Quickly from Public Mobile via their Facebook Page

DianneFowler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have found the Community to be very responsive and helpful in resolving many issues I've had as a new Public Mobile user.

During a rather frustrating activation experience at a Walmart, where the activation portal was down, I was able to get a very quick response by also posting the problem on the Public Mobile Facebook page.  It is moderated and the response was quick and very personalized.

Thanks, Public Mobile for provding this additional way to ask for assistance.

XOXO, Dianne 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Darren50 wrote:

want to up my package change my phone but i have 2 phones and only one email adderess can not get into accountt for the phone that i want changed tryed several times whats next

@Darren50 in addition to the questions @mimmo was asking above, I'm not clear what you're trying to do.  I gather that you have 2 lines, and can only log into one.  You're trying to log into the second because you want to "up my package change my phone".  I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Are you wanting to change your plan?  Or change your phone?  If the latter, unless you also need to change SIM cards, you don't need so sign into your account to change phones--just move the SIM card you already use from your current phone to the new one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@Darren50. Usually best to start your own topic in future.

Did you create accounts for both accounts? If you setup in store you might not have created an account t for the second line.

Check your inbox for the welcome eemailfrom pm.

If all else fails send sim number and as much details as possible to mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Darren50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

want to up my package change my phone but i have 2 phones and only one email adderess can not get into accountt for the phone that i want changed tryed several times whats next

@Alan_K wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc  that is exactly what was happening a while back when people were posting their issues to the forum, twitter, and facebook. it was a mess. they then concentrated all support to the forums.  not sure why the poster was able to get help via facebook, but it sets a bad precedence.  Glad they got service and are a happy customer but hopefully it does not  repeatand in teh future any replyes t=on facebook are directed back to teh community.  Same for people calling the  telus number that was posted wanting/getting help on pm issues.

@Alan_K  just an FYI

Hi @mimmo, we answer quick questions of general nature on social media (i.e. At which retailers can I get a SIM card?), but we always redirect customers with account issues to seek help on the Community for the exact reasons mentioned by everybody so far. 

Thanks Alan.

So there you have it. She did not actually have any account issues and if she did she would have been referred here. Seems like her posts are a little misleading to someone reading them who thinks they could get "quick help" from facebook.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc  that is exactly what was happening a while back when people were posting their issues to the forum, twitter, and facebook. it was a mess. they then concentrated all support to the forums.  not sure why the poster was able to get help via facebook, but it sets a bad precedence.  Glad they got service and are a happy customer but hopefully it does not  repeatand in teh future any replyes t=on facebook are directed back to teh community.  Same for people calling the  telus number that was posted wanting/getting help on pm issues.

@Alan_K  just an FYI

Hi @mimmo, we answer quick questions of general nature on social media (i.e. At which retailers can I get a SIM card?), but we always redirect customers with account issues to seek help on the Community for the exact reasons mentioned by everybody so far. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  just an FYI

@mimmo

Apologies to@DianneFowler if I misread her other posts... but it seems like she did not actually get help (err what you and I would consider help). If I understand correctly on facebook she said something along the lines of "Hey public mobile wtf walmart activations are down at walmart" and the PR rep responded once with a single reply "hey (insert customer name here so it looks personal) we corrected the issue at walmart it its back up thanks so much for informing us" ... If this is true and is all that happened (based on the limited information she provided in her posts) then it was just a facebook PR response and not any technical support.

But Diane, please correct me if I am wrong and provide the details.

mimmo

@Alan_K  just an FYI

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@DianneFowler wrote:

I have found the Community to be very responsive and helpful in resolving many issues I've had as a new Public Mobile user.

During a rather frustrating activation experience at a Walmart, where the activation portal was down, I was able to get a very quick response by also posting the problem on the Public Mobile Facebook page.  It is moderated and the response was quick and very personalized.

Thanks, Public Mobile for provding this additional way to ask for assistance.

XOXO, Dianne 🙂

Welcome to Public mobile, I am glad your issues got resolved but I hae some questions... They responded to you through facebook and solved your account issues there? Or was this just some general question a PR representivie could have handled. Did you have to confirm your account pin / identiy with them? Can you tell us what the issue was and how they solved it?

(thinking out loud) .... PM has limited resources, if people were to "jump the line" by going to facebook, its kind of cheating then... they still have the same amount of resources, so in a sense you will be making other people wait even longer who have put in requests through the proper support channel (private messaging through the community) then if everyone goes through facebook it will end up exactly the same, except maybe even worse because now PM has to go through 2 different sources and possibly be replying twice to the same requests

Need Help? Let's chat.