cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating to say the least

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Idk wtf is going on, I'm getting really angry with this stupid logging in issue I keep having. If I receive an email from PB like at the beginning of each month since I'm on a monthly plan I'm able to click on the PB link and log into 'my account', but that's the only way I'm able to log in. I'm able to log into the 'community' using my profile name 'ApatheticFloW' and different password. But when I click on 'my account' it asks me to log back in using my email address instead of user name. Why is there two different ways of logging in. 

One for the 'community's and another one for 'my account's ?!?!?!!?  Why cant is use the same login info for both ?

Ths is really confusing and not well set up. I'm been having this issue since day one and now I'm trying to log into 'my account' and not 'community', yet it doesn't work is says wrong login info like wtf.

Very frustrated pb client of over 10 years with PB and all is good except for this stupid constant issue.

What am I doing wrong or if someone can tell me why I have two use two different ways of logging into 'community' & 'myaccount'

Shouldn't it be the same login info for both. One asks for a user name and the other asks for email address which doesn't work because I can't use the @ symbol when logging into one but I'm able to use my email address to log into the other.

16 REPLIES 16

ApatheticFloW

How about we skip the password saving issue and let's look at my attempts to reset my pw. I think I should know what the secret answer to my security question is, don't you think. And when I attempt to reset the password it doesn't accept my answer to the security question which is very simple the question is and I quote 'what year was your father born' I obviously know what year my father was born and it still doesn't work. 

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned how when I receive an email from pm and attempt to follow the link to log into self serve it automatically by default opens chrome instead of firefox anyway that's no big deal I should be able to log in using a variety of browsers even though that's not the case right now.

It shows my pw for self serve consists of two letters  only and I don't think that's even possible and being that I cannot reset my password I need a Mod to manually reset my pw plz. Screenshot_20190826-200647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190826-200836_Chrome.jpg

So now you guys see that I do use a pw/username saver and that's Password Manager and it works fine.

It also shows u guys that according to password manager my pw for self-serve is two letters and that makes no sense at all. Now I'm attempting to reset my pw and PM does not accept my right answer to the security question which is the year my father was born and when I put the year it doesn't accept it. What am I supposed to do now. The other annoying aspect of all this is after 3 failed attempts I'm not able to attempt more logins because by the 5 time you get locked out for an hour. This security feature doesn't help my situation either. At this point all I wanna do is reset my pw and in order to do that I need to answer the security question and when I out the RIGHT answer it says that's not right. I mean, as if I dont know my fathers birthday. 

Now that I'm thinking about it I dont need to go into my self-serve account, but the day I do I'm screwed and that's unacceptable. I realize at the end of the line it's all my doing, but when I can't reset the password using the correct answers to my security questions that's a whole other issue that makes no sense. I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

You guys wanna hear a good one.

So, one day I get a text from PM asking me to potentially switch to Koodo and that I'm able to keep the same plan. 

Here I was happy with PM, but since i happened to live real close Koodo I decided to stop in. I was willing to purchase the newest iPhone at that time which was the iPhone LE if I remember correctly, anyway it was their newest iPhone but it was still around $800+. So I decide to go with it and sign a two year plan and when I say ok so I get to keep my same pm plan which is $25 per no th unlimited local calls and unlimited texting. NO that's what they said,No I cannot keep that rate and yet this goes against everything the text from PB mentioned. I even show them the text and they make some calls and they still tell me NO I cant. So here I'm willing to sign a two year contract and buy one of their most expensive iPhones which will now cost me approximately $125 per month compared to $25 with pm and they say NO. That's pure false publicity. They mention something about "low tabs, med tabs" etc etc, but like I told them I dont give a **bleep** about low tab med tab that's not what the text says and here I'm waisting my time. As any business owner you don't let a faithful client of over 10 years walk away and lose a guaranteed two year contract and the sale of an iPhone SE. They lied about keeping my existing plan so do what's right andet me keep my $25 plan and now Koodo has me contracted to them with a sale of an iPhone SE. But Noooooooo they rather have me file a complaint and be so pissed off that I will never switch to Koodo if anything, if something was to happen to PM I'd switch to a company that is not owned by telus.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren, love Lastpass - been using it since when it first came out on day 1 and continue to recommend it as well. I think it was one of the few password managers that did it right, even back when the market wasn't as saturated as it is today.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Watoko wrote:

Why don't you use a password manager like Lastpass (or even built in ones in Chrome or Firefox). That way, you'll never have to remember any of your passwords and it can also help you autofill your username & password whether it is your account for the forums, or your Self-Serve account.

You'll never get mixed up after this!

@Watoko I use and recommend LastPass personally.  Lots of people enjoy 1Password, esepcially those with iPhone/Macs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ApatheticFloW

I do have auto save pw and normally it works fine I only have issues with PM. I also have a secure folder that I manually add all my login passwords and usernames and update them when needed because for certain things like my Canada revenue my account and Quebec revenue my account  as well as certain banking info, including credit cards I rather not use auto save and either remember them by heart or manually write them down in a secure place where no one has access. 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why don't you use a password manager like Lastpass (or even built in ones in Chrome or Firefox). That way, you'll never have to remember any of your passwords and it can also help you autofill your username & password whether it is your account for the forums, or your Self-Serve account.

You'll never get mixed up after this!

ApatheticFloW

Omg here I go again trying to log into self serve and it says wrong info. I just reset the pw I think I know what I pw I picked and its auto saved atleast its supposed to be but when I look at manage passwords it shows two letters only for my pw which isn't it so I'm clueless and now I'm locked out for one hour anyway I go to reset it again and it asks me my security question which is the year my father was born and when I put the proper year it says that's not it. Even that makes no sense cause I know the answer of the year my father was born. That alone makes no sense why isn't it accepting my answer to the security question.  I think I'll smoke a j and then try this again later before I smash my phone against the wall.

dickwong

I guess the question is whether Public Mobile cares how frustrated you and all us are.

ApatheticFloW

And this surely doesn't help when attempting to login to PB 'Community' & 'Myaccount'.  

Browser used for Last VisitMozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; SM-A530W) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.111 Mobile Safari/537.36

ApatheticFloW

Thank you everyone for the quick answers I really do appreciate it. I was having a really really bad day and I needed to log into my account and I wasn't able to it kept saying wrong info then I reset the password that didn't work and by the time I was able to login to my account I had already initiated this thread. So between my **bleep**ty as day and issues login in to PM it was the straw that broke the camel's back if you know what I mean. Thank god for this great community full of helpful individuals and kudos to the mods and everyone else who took the time to respond as best as they could. Now I just gotta smoke a j and I'll be calm and composed once more.

Puff puff pass....

@ApatheticFloW   The free data will be added within a two week timeline of receiving your text notice, also there will be another text sent when the data is added.

But I agree that with many passwords and logins to remember it can get confusing.

@ApatheticFloW Hi your 1gb will be in your account within 10 days Smiley Happy

ApatheticFloW

Gotcha. My opinion is you should be a member first before you have access to the 'community', otherwise why are we helping and/or answering questions to people who aren't already members ? Now that there are no stores and no number to call I understand why because this way people can log into the community and ask questions and hopefully after having their questions answered PB hopes they become a member I assume that's why. But u know what they say about assumptions.  Its definitely a little confusing when having to use a username, which has nothing to do with my account name and then it also says username, but then it says (email address) in brackets. 

Guess I gotta delete my auto saved pw cause everytime I must reset my password for one and not the other and then vice versa. Sounds simple enough but then why am I getting all these login issues depending on if I'm logging in using chrome,firefox or samsung internet link. When I receive an email from PB and I click on the link to log in i guess it defaults to chrome and normally I dont use chrome to log in so between that and the different usernames/email address depending on if I'm logging ins using chrome,firefox or internet explorer that's when it becomes complicated for some reason. Thx for the quick responses you can close this if you want or leave it open.

P.S I never did get my 1GB of free Data btw.

ApatheticFloW

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They are two separate accounts.  The self serve account is setup when you register a new account phone# to manage your mobile phone account.  The community account is used for the forum and you don't need a PM mobile account to access it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ApatheticFloW these are two completely separte pieces of software.  The community is built and hosted by a 3rd party company called Lithium, and presumably Public Mobile has very little control over how you log into it.  The "my account" self-serve system I've heard started life as a 3rd party app as well but has been customized a bit by Telus for use here and with Koodo Pre-paid accounts.

That said, the decision to have separate logins for community and self-serve was deliberate.  Some people come here and participate in the community and ask questions before they ever sign up as a customer.  If we only had integrated logins, you would first have to be a customer before you could register with the community.  That said, a way to merge them after the fact might be handy indeed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Idk wtf is going on, I'm getting really angry with this stupid logging in issue I keep having. If I receive an email from PB like at the beginning of each month since I'm on a monthly plan I'm able to click on the PB link and log into 'my account', but that's the only way I'm able to log in. I'm able to log into the 'community' using my profile name 'ApatheticFloW' and different password. But when I click on 'my account' it asks me to log back in using my email address instead of user name. Why is there two different ways of logging in. 

One for the 'community's and another one for 'my account's ?!?!?!!?  Why cant is use the same login info for both ?

Ths is really confusing and not well set up. I'm been having this issue since day one and now I'm trying to log into 'my account' and not 'community', yet it doesn't work is says wrong login info like wtf.

Very frustrated pb client of over 10 years with PB and all is good except for this stupid constant issue.

What am I doing wrong or if someone can tell me why I have two use two different ways of logging into 'community' & 'myaccount'

Shouldn't it be the same login info for both. One asks for a user name and the other asks for email address which doesn't work because I can't use the @ symbol when logging into one but I'm able to use my email address to log into the other.

For logging into your self-serve account you need your email plus password on that account.

For community you need your username (ApatheticFloW) and password.   They are different accounts with different login information.  Also they serve different functions, but make sure the same email is registered for both accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.