cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with public mobile?

Private4u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am. Lol. Switched to Wind (freedom) yesterday. They have a great fall promotion.  $50 a month for unlimited everything plus 8GB full speed data plus extra 1GB roaming data and I think 2000 roaming minutes.. $50 a month. Great deal.  Was with public since day one but too many issues lately so I switched.  Peace out. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Luddite wrote:

@MEU_21 Almost all service disruptions are activation related. Coming up to 3 years on same 90 day plan and autopay without issue.

I agree, coming up to the one year mark and all the plans under my watch are still performing as they should without hiccup.  The only challenge during activation was adding the same payment card to the third account.  

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am going to do this soon as well. 

@MEU_21 Almost all service disruptions are activation related. Coming up to 3 years on same 90 day plan and autopay without issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I suspect it was PM's back-end issues with plans, registration, payments, and confusion around add-ons... I consider myself lucky not having those problems, but aggregating other's comments on the forum, it feel like it's just a matter of time before it happens to my account. I'm trying to keep my Fall promo as Vanilla as possible to avoid these headaches.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope FM works out for you. Please keep us posted on their service. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Great to see you got a deal that might work for you.  Hope the Freedom network works for you, as it didn’t for me.

koimr1

If FM works for you then that's great!

Just curious though - what were the issues you had with PM? Your forum account is new so there's nothing "public" on here to see.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used to have 4 lines with Freedom. Just got rid of the last one with FM today. Myself, wife, daughter and son in-law are all with PM or Koodo now. The kids had no idea coverage and signal quality could be so good! They thought crummy Freedom network was normal!

Michael77

@Private4u wrote:

I am. Lol. Switched to Wind (freedom) yesterday. They have a great fall promotion.  $50 a month for unlimited everything plus 8GB full speed data plus extra 1GB roaming data and I think 2000 roaming minutes.. $50 a month. Great deal.  Was with public since day one but too many issues lately so I switched.  Peace out. 

That Freedom Mobile plan comes with 2400 Canada/USA away network minutes.

Away Network (in Canada and the U.S.)

• 1GB of full-speed data
  • 2400 minutes of talk to Canada and the U.S.
  • Unlimited global text

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's no one size fits all for anything.  These kinds of feedback mean Public Mobile needs to work a little harder.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Private4u,

Happy to hear that you found what you are looking for from Wind/Freedom mobile.  

Its interesting that you made a brand new community account just yesterday AFTER having left PM just to share this plan with us.  Thank you for going above and beyond on behalf of Freedom mobile.  Cheers.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM does have its issues. Some are slowly getting fixed, some seem not  to be.

Once you get  past the activation issues it's usually easy going.

I activated 2 lines yesterday 1 went smoothly the other failed, waiting for mod help. Not really an issue as I didn't port during activation.

We all have our breaking points. Hopefully freedom will be better for your needs.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm new to Public Mobile and I must say that everything went very smoothly from activation, porting, and service.

I contemplated moving to Wind but decided to go with the coverage offered by Telus. I'm not a big data user so PM's plans work well for me.

In the end, it really comes down to individual needs and wants.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Don't blame you

Need Help? Let's chat.