cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Public Mobile

EliandJake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a no data unlimited canada wide talk plan but I can not make calls to local numbers all I get is a message saying I don't have a long distance add on and if any one local calls me they get a busy signal I've restarted my phone pulled sim for 1 min put back in and restarted but nothing works

17 REPLIES 17

EliandJake

Thanks

@EliandJake 

Edit is up in the top right corner...just click the three dots.

AE_Collector

834C1AE4-92C8-4867-B1D6-73ABE32E4B7D.jpeg

EliandJake

I then contacted moderator 

EliandJake

No I did what some one said to do

I called 611 and it said my service had been suspended until I make a payment which I had already done but through some glitch PM charged for multiple items which I had discovered when I checked payment history 

I then contacted a model and the issue has been resolved

Thanks

@EliandJake 

Confirm that Self-Serve shows Unlimited Canada-wide Talk on your Plan. If you signed up on some sort of promo then perhaps some parts of the deal (like Unlimited Canada-wide Talk) only applied for the first six months. 

fairchse

Try not to stress contact the moderator and they are very helpful , they will help correct the problem 

@EliandJake wrote:

Yes I tried that didnt help

Got plan is maybe 6 months ago been paying every 3 months with no issues until now

If you haven't had any issues until now I would contact the moderators.  You can do that by clicking on the question mark in the bottom right and asking SIMon the question and getting to the point of submitting a trouble ticket.  Sounds like your account needs to be re-provisioned something is a little off.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Nothing other than a non active account should prevent people from calling you. And I am not sure why they would get a busy signal. Sounds as though something went wrong with the renewal to me which may take a moderator to fix.

AE_Collector

@EliandJake  Plan renewal should be immediate. When you access your selfserve account is there a reactivate button? If yes click on it. Restart your phone and see if you can make a call. If not, submit a ticket to Public Mobile.

PMST.png

do you have reactvate button/\?

try restarting your phone

try adding $1 then restart again

if that doesn't work, try reporting it lost wait for a minute then found, then restart again

if it still persists, your only option is to contace moderators, press the question mark and type 'talk to human' till simon lets you

[Solution moved to correct post & highlighted ......... Luddite]

EliandJake

My renewal was today and I paid for 3 months and I guess that maybe they haven't put it through even though it shows it paid when I log in

EliandJake

I shouldn't have to put a 1 in front of a local call number

Now why I get a response that the call can not be made with out the long distance add on is ridiculous and why cant people phone me

Hi @EliandJake 

Does it happen if you try to call any number?

What happens when you try to call voicemail?

What happens when you try 611?

What is the status when you login to your self-serve? 

When is your renewal?

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@EliandJake Did you try putting 1 in front of the number? Is it an old plan, as there is no current plan with unlimited outgoing minutes and NO data?

When it comes to the ability to place long distance calls, dialing the 1 or not should have not affect on the ability to complete that call. The 1 is only supposed to bypass the "long distance charges may apply" message and few second delay for a long distance call.

EliandJake

Yes I tried that didnt help

Got plan is maybe 6 months ago been paying every 3 months with no issues until now

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is you r status when you log in?

When are you supposed to review?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@EliandJake Did you try putting 1 in front of the number? Is it an old plan, as there is no current plan with unlimited outgoing minutes and NO data?

Need Help? Let's chat.