cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Telus: Did it solve your problem?

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received an email with the subject line above. I was sent a string of email responses from the community in regards to my suggestions for improvements for customer care from PM/ Telus. I was asked to identify whether or not each and every response deserved the designation of "Accept this solution". 

Considering that many "responses" were not actually "responses"...since these messages were my own notes for considerations and suggestions for improvements; and, considering that many community members seemed to be declaring that since we "get such great rates" we should accept flawed service, I sent this reply to whomever or whatever generated the request for evaluation of customer care: 

THERE were no messages in the string of responses to which I could use the "accept the solution" response.  I did not get satisfaction to my suggestions for improvements from the community responses no matter how gracious they were, as the responses I am requesting can only come from the mothership, Telus. Nor have I received a message from Mary (previously posted) who suggested she would investigate the lengthy service I experienced while trying to migrate from Koodo to PM (both Telus services) and who has not yet reported her findings. 

I have a question for the community:

Have you considered that the reason we get "less expensive rates" and seemingly inferior customer care is because we have been ripped off by the very company that changes us both enormous and unacceptable rates under the name Koodo while at the same time charging less outrageous prices under the name PM. Perhaps all the rates are over priced from the get go? Perhaps we feel grateful, and therefore less demanding of appropriate customer care, because we're being set up to expect outrageous prices for cell service in general? What about Tesla's discovery of harnessing free radio waves, as an example? 

My suggestion is we should demand less expensive service provision, in general, complimented by even adequate customer care, because as citizens of an amazing world, we are all born into the same wonder and possibilities of free energy that Tesla introduces into modern consciousness. Why are there few reported attempts to develop cell service that is potentially free as Tesla did with electricity?  Why should big business make such great profits when we, the general public, pay dearly for either the expensive and/or less expensive crumbs from big business and, at the same time, demonstrate gratitude when presented with less expensive service provision and very limited customer care? $40 is still expensive but cheap in comparison to $63... not sure I'm into too much gratitude. 

Just saying...

13 REPLIES 13

jjramendham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it's interesting this came up as "related" to my situation.   Running multiple SIM/eSIM configuration from two competing carriers, who share towers - has lost me 40 GB of data last cycle, and 13GB this cycle.  This cycle started on the 22nd of September.  The last cycle was obviously the 21st of August.  The eSIM had sucked the 40GB in less than 72 hours.  

I received all the usual "did you check this or that and all the things that make it my fault so they're off the hook and not going to reimburse me" 
I have also discovered that attempting to change the network or APN data simply resets so the only option I have is to shut off the eSIM and get a new carrier.  and that's annoying.   ALL of the other non-telus related carriers aren't stripping the data from the dual+ SIM card scenario. 

I'm going speak to a friend of mine there and we'll see what we can suss out, because is insanity.   my other SIM's haven't used 2 GB combined, where last billing cycle i was still under 10GB and always get between 15 to 20 or more just in case i need it.  It's tech stuff.

powerg21

To be completely honest, PM mobile has one of the best celluar prices in Canada but I agree that it is still too high. Prior to joining PM, I was a long term Telus customer paying $60 for their 10GB plan. What pushed me to find a new carrier is when they decided to raise my plan to $70. This when I found out about PM. The Telus loyalty department for celluar service is a joke. The offers they gave me to stay was not worth considering, However, if any of you are on their home services, you can talk to their loyalty department to get great discounts.  I have been basically getting 50% off the services for more than 5+ years just by calling them to extend the discounts. But last year they made me sign a 2 year contract to get the best deal. Overall it;s still better than paying full price..  

CatCanyon

That is what I did...🤔 The perhaps more mature sibling, Koodo, who actually have people with whom to have a conversation, gave me the heads up to NOT settle up with them until the PM plan kicked into action. 

Of course, the implication for 13 days of SIM card switching meant paying for both TELUS services...

Wondering if perhaps this imposed wait time is part of yet another twisted sister business scheme/ model... double payment? 🤔

CatCanyon

Sorry for confusion...I was inquiring whether you were trying to resolve your lack of everything with the mod_squad? 

Sorry for the confusion...I was being curious about from whom you were attempting to achieve you goal of actually being able to use your phone? 🤔😉😅

What a story.. @CatCanyon??!!!

I suppose it is yours...Yes you have the badge  : PATIENCE!!!!! (not from PM perhaps but from me!!)

If you have some friends or family who wants come with public mobile...Smiley Frustrated

say to them to port their phone number AFTER everything with their plan is fixedSmiley Wink

Have a nice day!!

CatCanyon

I'm going to presume you've been trying to communicate with moderator_team? 

Curious about your situation... did you actually have a functioning phone number plus data plan? 

Or is your issue with transporting your number, etc?

If it is the re/acquisition of your number, just saying... it took 10 days to hear anything, 13 messages to the "mod_squad" 🤔, 1 note of apology from Mary @ mod_headquarters 😉, 2 more days to actually get my over 20 year phone number returned to me via TELUS' child Koodo to its  twisted sister PM.

Looking forward to hearing your situation. 

PM may be unintentionally helpful in learning the blessed virtue of Patience.

🤔😉😂

@CatCanyon

Firechef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think what annoys me most is the inability to talk to a person who could solve the problem in minutes as opposed to days.

I woke up yesterday to a different phone number and no data, and as yet have no one solve the problem.

I think I'd rather pay a little more and have better service 

Jb

CatCanyon

I love your comment about the true cost of extra data being the cost of the company doing the billing exercise of charging us. Funny...😉 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
A carrier flanker is a brand name that is owned by the cell phone carrier. For example, Telus owns flankers Public Mobile and Koodo, Bell owns flankers Lucky Mobile and Virgin Mobile, and Rogers has Chatr and Fido, among others. Another term that gets thrown around is a MVNO. which is a mobile virtual network operator. A MVNO uses a carriers towers, but is a separate company from the carrier. A MVNO currently cannot thrive in Canada like the rest of the world, because they cannot get a fair deal from the carriers when it comes to using their networks.

CatCanyon

Interesting terminology... carrier flanker... what does that mean? Never heard the term??

By the way, thanks for your response. 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Public Mobile customer care as a way to save costs is a bit of a red herring. As an example, have you tried to get timely customer care from Koodo lately? As long as Canada stays with a carrier flanker system, we are going to have high prices and poor customer care for quite a while.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CatCanyonI am all for a price decrease. We do in Canada pay a lot more for our service. I would also like gas, food and home prices to come down more than my cell phone provider but sadly everything is overpriced.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I agree with most of that. Canadians in general are being screwed by high phone bills, especially by the large companies. I'm currently on the $40 featured plan and I've looked at what it would cost to get the same plan elsewere, at Rogers it would be $90 and at Bell it would be $105! Just for a phone every month. And many people pay that. Canada has some of the highest rates in the world and we arere forced to pay them because of lack of competition and little/no regulations on providers. Customer service and employees are going to be their biggest costs, but they still charge at least 10-20 times what it costs them to operate. And most charge outragous overage charges (especially for data) when it costs them absolutely nothing when a person goes over what their plan covers (except for costs they cause themselves billing people for it).

Need Help? Let's chat.