cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends are reporting huge improvement in service

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have referred four friends and previously they were having zone issues (not being able to phone or text when out of town, etc.), huge delays and uncertainty in receiving texts (sometimes they wouldn't come through until the next day) and an inability to send or receive pictures. They have all thanked me for the referral because not only are they saving money, but their service has improved so much that they said they would have even paid more for better service! This is one referral that a person can feel really good about making. It benefits the person referring, but it helps the friend a great deal as well. Thank you Public Mobile!

8 REPLIES 8

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile is great!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I definitely agree including all the details in the original message and NOT sending more messages an hour later would speed things up. Unfortunately, I've also experienced a mod responding to my question by asking for my pin which, I included in the original message. I can only imagine they get so many messages that don't have the proper info they just skim over it and send their prepared response. 

@popping wrote:

@Rascal

When comparing zoned service like Chatr(Mobilicity) or Freedom(Wind), PM service is exceptional.  While I was on Chatr(Mobilicity) 3G and capped 3Mbps, I cannot get any data when I was inside Superstore.  Using Checkout 51 app to price match other store price was out of question.  Yes, I had 6GB data.  I can only use 500MB of the 6GB bandwidth. 

After witnessed what had happened after the maintenance Saturday,  I was glad to activate my plan on the Friday before the maintenance.  The activation was smooth.  The number was fully ported to PM in 30 minutes on Friday night 10 pm MT(at midnight central time).  I was not expecting my number will be ported until next morning.

As @will13am said many times, people should adjust their expectation for a budget plan. I changed my expectation quickly on that Monday morning.  People were waiting 3-4 days or more to get moderator to fix the renewal problem.  ATM, I am prepared to wait couple days to resolve any account issues.  Similarly, I adjusted my expectation on Chatr(Mobilicity) service according to the amount that I paid for the service.

Judging from the private messages I receive from time to time from customers who mistaken me for a moderator team member, the messages are lacking details.  Most of the messages are one liners, some maybe two.  This is an educated guess, but some of the long delays reported could very well be due to the need for multiple back and forth messages.  These messages are not the same as live chat.  Each back and forth probably adds a lot to the overall resolution time.

Although I looked after a large number of accounts, my need for moderator team support was quite low  My own experience is that at worst sometime the next day, my problem is addressed.  I almost never require back and forth messaging.

Customers who seek help could really help the situation by being as detailed about the problem as possible.  Most importantly, identify the account by providing the account/phone number and PIN code. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rascal

When comparing zoned service like Chatr(Mobilicity) or Freedom(Wind), PM service is exceptional.  While I was on Chatr(Mobilicity) 3G and capped 3Mbps, I cannot get any data when I was inside Superstore.  Using Checkout 51 app to price match other store price was out of question.  Yes, I had 6GB data.  I can only use 500MB of the 6GB bandwidth. 

After witnessed what had happened after the maintenance Saturday,  I was glad to activate my plan on the Friday before the maintenance.  The activation was smooth.  The number was fully ported to PM in 30 minutes on Friday night 10 pm MT(at midnight central time).  I was not expecting my number will be ported until next morning.

As @will13am said many times, people should adjust their expectation for a budget plan. I changed my expectation quickly on that Monday morning.  People were waiting 3-4 days or more to get moderator to fix the renewal problem.  ATM, I am prepared to wait couple days to resolve any account issues.  Similarly, I adjusted my expectation on Chatr(Mobilicity) service according to the amount that I paid for the service.

No doubt service is good after the initial setup issue if any.   

that's the way this model works, few would not be happy at the beginning.  

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes. I love a goal and a challenge, so I aim to get my monthly bill as low as I can, just to say that I did it!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is what I try to tell those who come to this service that experience some initial hiccups.  If they give it a chance, they will learn to love it.  I am sure they think I am jumping the gun on recreational drug legalization.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

That great to hear.  With all the recent problems that new customers are having, it nice to hear a good news story.  Have a great weekend.  

Need Help? Let's chat.