cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend no longer receiving my text + I can't send pictures to anyone. Please help!

shaken_bacon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, so I've encountered a bit of a strange problem. Me and my friend have been texting to each other for years no problem and a few days ago there was a thunder storm in my area (we are both local, though my public mobile number is from out of province.) During the storm we were texting fine, but once it was over my friend stopped receiving my text. I still receive his, but he won’t receive mine…. We are both able to send texts and receive text from mutual friends. (Including both local and out of province numbers.)

So, to correct the problem, I’ve tried to:

-Reconnect to my mobile network (several times.)

-Texted other friends with success

-Reformatted my phone

-Checked my APN settings (several times)

These all seem fine. However, I read to check my SMSC settings and to do this I entered into my phone app: *#*#4636#*#* (Or end it with a + or a ,)

When I did that, I received an error: “Invalid MMI code”

When I put in the same number numbers in with a + at the end. It called public mobile and the automated response said “Talking is not within my current plan.”

I also notice now I am unable to text ANY of my friends any pictures so something is wrong on my end. Any idea what I should do next? Is the issue on PMs side? Any advice would be appreciated.

Other information (Will update this section):

-Android phone (Asus Zenfone 4)

9 REPLIES 9

shaken_bacon

... I also had a capital letter in the APN... AHHHHHHH! 

So, this changes my issue quite a bit...

Now it appears the only issue is I am unable to send SMS and MMS messages to one lone friend.(Now, I'm back to the point where the issue might just be them...)

Edit: Although, I still have that MMI error.

MMS was never an issue, that was me being a dummy and entering the wrong APN after I reformatted my phone. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This sounds like an account issue. If it were just mms not sending I would recommend looking for a data issue such as the APN you already tried. I'm sure you already checked the obvious things data enabled and it's not been blocked by a usage limiter. 

When my mms wouldn't send it was because I had accidentally put a capital letter in the APN 

shaken_bacon

The SMS does indeed show "sent" however, they never receive it. The MMS  shows "sending" however. 

Yes, this is an odd issue as it basically went from working to not working suddenly. (Storm in the area, but my phone was never shut down or anything that I remember.) 

P.S. Also, I will not send another DM to avoid being bumped from the Queue. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does the mms and sms messages show as sent on your phone? I had an issue with mms but they actually never left my phone 

PS it's so nice when customers post a good description and have already done some troubleshooting shooting instead of just freaking out their phone doesn't work. Thank you @shaken_bacon

Wow, that is weird.....

Hopefully, the moderators will get back to you within the next 24 hours.  They have been busier than usual the last couple of weeks.  Try not to send multiple requests because it actually delays your request significantly.  

I will be interested in seeing if any of the other community members have better ideas until the moderators get hold of you.  

shaken_bacon

Unfortunately, I don't have another phone to test handy. My old phone broke and I actually just got this phone a few months ago.

My friend was unable to receive both SMS and MMS sent from me. However. My other friends are receiving my SMS texts, but NOT my MMS text. 

HOWEVER, I am able to receive SMS and MMS from my friend and anyone else. 

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to see whether it might be a hardware issue?  If you are having same problem with another phone, then it is likey PM issue.  

MMS texting looks like there is a problem....  Were you sending MMS text or SMS texts to your friend?  Are you able to receive MMS texts (ie pictures)?

Maybe one of the members here has better technical advice...  

As stated above, you ultimately may need moderator help.  

shaken_bacon

Thanks for the suggestion. I have done that now! Here's hoping it won't be too long. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaken_bacon, although I can't suggest anything that might actually fix the problem,  I do think that the problem might be at the service end (Public Mobile side).  If it is,  you will need moderator assistance, and they have been very busy of late.   Therefore you should send a private message to the moderator team and get your self into the queue early.   If you manage to resolve the problem yourself,  even better. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.