cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom is Hurting

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Freedom has released a series of promos further undercutting thier ARPU in a desperate bid to stop the port outs 

Even with bonus data & lower price points people still swamping Public's activation servers again (too bad system has such a bad first impression on many)

38 REPLIES 38

@srlawren the other promos are a $5 discount for a year or adding 2GB of extra data

Most of the promos are garbage (yeah the $55 Canada150 is almost laughable, especially when compared to the normal $59 (on sale for $54) North America plan the Canada day promo makes no sense whatsoever)

Freedom Mobile had a national-wide network outage a couple of nights ago.  I'm sure that didn't help them one bit.  Public Mobile and all the other carriers must have been laughing their heads off.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c all I saw on a quick look at mobiilesyrup was FM's Canada 150 promo (that didn't sound that impressive to me for $55 personally, but maybe for some folks).  Do you have info on the other promo plans you mentioned?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

QTPie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Seriously, switching from Freedom to PM was a no brainer for me.

I have a lot of friends who was on Wind/Freedom and as they would all tell you when you ask them about the service, they'll tell you "uhhh well.....it's cheap and I save a lot of money". But none of them can truly tell you that they are happy with Freedom, just that it's cheap.

Being a university student my dad always hassles me about my phone bill because I was getting gutted by fido with a 90 dollar plan that gave me 3.5gb. After examining their coverage map, I decided to make the switch over to freedom knowing that I will be in the centre of the coverage zone 90% of the time. I activated my phone in my local mall and BAM service was full bars and get decent 3G speed data. Right then I was thinking "maaaan people whine too much, how do they complain about this quality of signal and speed". Then I got back to school to study but as soon as I step into the building, 2 bars -.-. I work as a delivery driver and depend on my data to get directions to know how to navigate to 10-15 destinations a day and cause of all the dead zones I got stuck driving around like a idiot until god blesses me again with 2 bars of signal so I could get directions again.

PM was a life saver to me, and all you sacrifice is slight technical hiccups and no call centre. Big 3 are robbers but Freedom might as well join them for the quality of cell service they provide. Even if I have 1gb of data from pm it's better than having 4gb that I can't use.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well, the problem with Freedom is that when Shaw took over, they thought they could just raise rates without having the same coverage or speeds of the big 3 and sub-brands.

Big mistake and now they are paying for it.

Shaw is in a bad position. Although they are a Canadian company, I would have no sympathy if they went out of business. They simply do not wish to compete. When I was with them for a decade with internet and cable, they flat out told me that they do not compete on price when I saw that the Telus Optik system was not only superior, but cheaper as well. This was back in the days when Shaw used those huge Motorola boxes that cost $400 each and they were standalone boxes (not connected like Optik). Anyway, I digress.

The important thing is that if Freedom goes under, the spectrum does not get purchased by the Big 3 esp. the spectrum hoarder aka. Rogers.

They are trying to keep there clients with them. I moved from freedom too its bad but. I would say for the price i was paying untill I move to pm. Wind really saved me lots of money over in 6 or 7 years.agreed reception is bad drop calls dead zone. But still saved lots of money. And since I am with pm same deal 1000 time better reception no dead or drop calls awesome mod team and great users on community forum and all Oracle. With all my refferal community work autopay i am still paying less then what was i paying to freedom.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

DmcDohko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before I switched to PM almost a year ago I was considering Wind Mobile (which is now Freedom)... but to be honest even their current coverage and service just doesn't cut it. Just the fact that they are offering discounted plans that expire after a year (and revert back to original price) is telling you that they are just wanting to lure you in and then make the most out of you in the future. They don't seem to care much about the customer but only about their personal gain. Not to mention that they also don't support all phone types.

Freedom still needs to work a lot harder and be less lucrative if they want to fulfill their claim of being competitive and making their customers feel "free".

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yup! They should have been more proactive, pretty much shunned existing users on grandfathered plans.
Need Help? Let's chat.