cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile failure

deputyphil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After some thought, my daughter decided to switch from Chatr to Freedom for the $50 8gb flash sale.  After numerous calls to their customer service, and only 3 days of poor cell service, I convinced her to swith to PM.  We had a slight glitch with credit card payment but a quick private message to the mod team and the problem was solved in literally less than 10 minutes.  Freedom mobile sure talks the talk. But the performance is less than adequate.

8 REPLIES 8

Generally, Freedom Mobile has its act together when it comes to billing and the rest of the back-end system (call routing, activation process, payments, top ups, plan renewals, invoices, etc).  However, the problem with them is the network.  They also seem to be having a bunch of problems with voice reliability when the user has been connected to LTE.

Now, with Public, they have a bunch of problems with the way the backend systems are set up.  There seems to be a higher than what most customers would consider acceptable rate of problems wtih the activation website and with number porting.  There have also been a bunch of reported problems with plans not renewing properly, and of calls not working because the the billing system incorrectly believing that some phone numbers are out-of-province when they aren't.  The network that Public Mobile uses is far superior to that of Freedom Mobile.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Nice to hear about another satisfied PM customer.

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

True story @will13am

I'm still traumatized from my days of using the Wind/Freedom network.  Because of rewards, I also actually saved money switching to PM, so win/win.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From one Wind customer to another, welcome aboard.  Bad network is the reason why many of us are here.  The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Freedom is hyping/giving a lot to get people to join them. But for certain areas/users its certainly not a comparable network. Welcome to Public Mobile where your actually on Bell & Telus/Koodo towers.

Raven_Jet
Thank you for the update.

MEU_21

I'm glad you had a good experience with PM. Now, if there were a special on here, you may have encountered the same issues. Seeing how FM's $50 flash sale was VERY popular, I'm not surprised that customer service was lagging. I had no problems with FM or PM.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to PM glad the customer service experince was good.  I know the mods do their best.

Great work @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.