cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a phone

Kennethan22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I found someones pink & white Appple Iphone S Holloween night in Millwoods, Edmonton, AB

18 REPLIES 18

@Kennethan22 wrote:

This phone has EMERGENCY listed on the left hand side, however if I press that button won't it just dial 911? 

After you touch emergency it would show up as "Medical ID" on the left if enabled. This is where you could also dial 911 if need be.

If you tap Medical I'D then a emergency contact should show if entered.

Kennethan22

This phone has EMERGENCY listed on the left hand side, however if I press that button won't it just dial 911? 

@stonechucker wrote:

On my LOCKED android phone (with an emergency contact listed), I can go to make an emergency call, and it lists my emergency contact there.

Can you do something similar on the iPhone?  If yes, try calling that contact and advise them you have found a phone of someone they are listed as the emergency contact for.

yes you can but only if it has been set up to show that on the locked screen.

On my LOCKED android phone (with an emergency contact listed), I can go to make an emergency call, and it lists my emergency contact there.

Can you do something similar on the iPhone?  If yes, try calling that contact and advise them you have found a phone of someone they are listed as the emergency contact for.

@Kennethan22 wrote:

I've tried some of these options, nothing so far, I may have to open the phone to access the SIM card.

The IMEI number is on the back of the phone. If PM is the carrier send them a message with "LOST/FOUND PHONE" in the tilte.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kennethan22  great to see someone going above and beyond 🙂

I would probably just take teh phone to my localpolice department.

I wonder if contacting abble support might be a an option.

popping

@Kennethan22 wrote:

This phone is registered with Public Mobile, does anyone know how or where to contact Public Mobile?

Thx!

You can send a private message to moderator.  You may provide the IMEI number of the phone, the phone number or the 19 digits SIM number on the SIM card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kennethan22

I've tried some of these options, nothing so far, I may have to open the phone to access the SIM card.

mimmo

@Kennethan22  Public mobile is all online support.  you could message teh mods but they need to know the phone number or possibly the imei.   even if you had some of that info mod replys times are 72+ hours at the moment.

Have you tried accessing teh phone or any of the suggestions in the previous posts.  those are would be teh most effetive methods of finding the owner.

Kennethan22

This phone is registered with Public Mobile, does anyone know how or where to contact Public Mobile?

Thx!

@NDesai wrote:

@Kennethan22 wrote:

I think it is a Mother's phone, it has a picture of a child about 1 years old.

I'm hoping they phone the number soon, I don't want to hold onto it for long.

Check if there is any emergency contact info added on the phone. 

Everyone should add emergency contact on their phone. 

Thanks for reminding me! Smiley Tongue

@Kennethan22 wrote:

Check if there is any emergency contact info added on the phone. 

Everyone should add emergency contact on their phone. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Kennethan22 I would follow ideas in the link before the person disables the phone.

If none of those work then police is the next best option .  Or you might be able to see sms notifications and message one of these from your phone or something.  

You can reply to a sms without unlocking so if the sms comes from someone you think knows the owner than reply and tell them the situation.

mimmo

@Kennethan22 I would follow ideas in the link before the person disables the phone.

If none of those work then police is the next best option .  Or you might be able to see sms notifications and message one of these from your phone or something.  

@Kennethan22 wrote:

The link that @mimmo gave has a few good options.

Kennethan22

mimmo

I think there are some ways to find out who the phon e belongs to 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-find-owner-lost-or-stolen-iphone%3famp

Or bring it to the police

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Kennethan22 wrote:

Hi

I found someones pink & white Appple Iphone S Holloween night in Millwoods, Edmonton, AB

Hi, I assume it is registered to Public Mobile?

If the phone is on then I would guess they will call the number at which point you can answer and arrange to give it back. Might be a childs phone so they may not notice it missing yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.