cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum & cookies

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In the past week or so I've noticed that the community forum seems to handle cookies a bit differently than before. Rather than staying signed in, I am having to sign in every time I open the website - especially on my phone (using Firefox), but even on my personal computer. Has anyone else noticed this change? It's not a huge issue, but annoying when I check in to see my notifications and new posts.

I'm assuming it's related to how the forum is handling cookies on my browser, but the change was quite sudden so I doubt it is from my end (same computers and software on my end)...

On a more important note...I'm really enjoying Christmas cookies!  My wife made 'polvorones' (Mexican wedding cookies) this year, they are awesome Smiley Very Happy

6 REPLIES 6

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you all for your responses! I've been away from the forum over the holidays, but so far today I haven't noticed the issue of having to sign in again.

Yes, I am noticing that on my Phone. My laptop, logged in anytime, but Phone, before same, now almost everytime

anon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for trying to help Imm1304. No wonder I missed the Inbox. Is it too much to ask for them to have put a label on that little thing? Apparently, PM doesn't understand that some people might use glasses or have other eye problems, or a monitor that doesn't scale very well, I sent PM an email, but I don't hold up much hope for this place. As far as the Lab goes; PM should not burden it's customers. With the high cost of having a cell phone, a little service should be expected.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi  @anon

This is how things are at the moment.. we need 3 and not 2 different accounts.  Third one is for ordering sim card.. thats a separate account.  🙂

But, you don't have to have separate passwords, make both of your accounts the same password and its perfectly fine.  

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with resetting your password.  I recommend you to immediately write an email to Public Mobile support:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help  

I had to request password reset recently and they replied to my email in less than 2 hours with a temporary password.  Please give this a try.  

As for the problems you see with the way site is set up, keep giving feedback if you wish, the company is in Beta and is slowly improving.  You can make formal suggestion as a "New Idea" in the "Public Labs" section of the community forum.  And also report bugs in the discussion sections.  

Here is how to find your Community inbox: when you sign into the Community, on the home page you reach, look near the top-right.. there is a box where it says "Welcome anon" in bold.  Beside it to the right is a small envelope icon.  Click it and you will be in your inbox.  If you have any unread messages, this envelope icon will show a badge.  Hope this helps.  

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi!

I am experiencing this on my Mac as well. 

Have to sign in evry time, despite opting to remember password.  

Polvorones sound yummy, enjoy and Merry Christmas!  🙂

anon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The last 2 wks. have been like that for me too. Another thing I can;t figure out is why you have one password for your account and another for this community thingy. Just plain stupid. There is no other site where i'm a member, that need two Passwords. Speaking of passwords, can't enter my account  because the password retrieval here doesn't work. In order to get the password retrieval form sent to you; you have to remember and fill in your security question. Not the answer, but the question itself, and it's case sensitive, Just pure insanity. I also found out your supposed to check your inbox for winner notification. Well it certainly would be nice if I had one. I've looked and looked and can't find an inbox any where. Don't see a place to start New Threads, as well. Oh, and please don't ask what the problem is. It's the cheap way they designed this site. 

Need Help? Let's chat.