cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fort Erie, Ontario Roaming

Sunshine21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering if anyone using Public Mobile in Fort Erie, Ontario roams automatically over to the U.S. ??

4 REPLIES 4

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sunshine21 

Yes, l drive to Fort Erie sometimes and it does automatically switch to AT&T especially close to the peace bridge. All you need to do is to manually switch back to PM network from the settings. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshine21 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone using Public Mobile in Fort Erie, Ontario roams automatically over to the U.S. ??

If that does happen, your calls won't be completed so there is no roaming charges either. You can manually set phone to select local tower.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sunshine21  - It's near the US border, so depending on tower placement, you could get picked up by a US tower.  Could try locking in the network.

@Sunshine21 wrote:

That can happen any time you're near the border.  If the Public Mobile signal is very weak or the AT&T or T-Mobile signal is stronger, you phone might choose to connect to that network instead. Luckily, there are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.  To prevent your phone from connecting to a roaming network, you can manually set the network that you wish to stay connected to.

Need Help? Let's chat.