cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing customers: How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan (with pictures)

alexzxn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Official response from Public Mobile:

Future dated rate plan change:

• We have existing customers who have future dated rate plan changes to get the promotional plan and, in some cases, the change is not sticking. We are aware of the issue and we are committed to ensuring the plan change is honored for you if you in fact had chosen a future dated rate plan change. This will also take us some time to catch up on so please bear with us.

Step 1: Log in to your self serve account

login.png

Step 2: Select Change plan option

change-plan.jpg

Step 3: Select the plan as the picture showing below and click "Change on next renewal date"

select.jpg

WALA all done.

As @daredogg mentioned this promo ends on November 20th 2016 please make the switch before then.

Meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up-jpg.jpg

(image from https://twitter.com/fallout)

Attention If you are one of the lucky ones that are having trouble switch over to the new plan.

Please send a private message to one (not all just one) of the community moderators ( @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D ) with your phone number and the plan you tried to switch to, they will get you sorted.

Remember patient is a virtue.

188 REPLIES 188

markjanzen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i followed these steps exactly and my account got suspended and seems totally messed up. i just PM'ed two PM employees but have not got any responses...have no idea why it didnt work and am pretty frustrated...

edit: got this fixed but still this is something that should 'just work' and should be one of the no1 bugs for PM to fix! i do expect bugs like this to be fixed even for a low priced service such as PM!

Hey guys, 

Don't worry I'll get this fixed for you, can you simply send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone #? If you have already, please allow a short time for my reply and make the change. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Jasonandrewyoun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I changed my plan to 4gb 40 but it still shows my old plan. 2gb $40 😞

aylc

Just as a question

I ordered for the plan to happen on my next renewal date (Nov 9th).

However my balance is currently the old plan balance (even though I pre-paid these 90 days) and the auto-pay date is Nov 8th....

Will there be an issue where the auto-pay charges me my old plan cost?

Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sbrennan try sending a private message to @Shazia_K and she might be able to change it for you without waiting, since your activation was so recent.  I can't guarantee it, but it's worth a try.  It might take a few days to get back to you, as the moderators are really busy right now helping people with --no offense-- more urgent issues preventing them from activating or porting over their numbers.  But they should be able to help fairly soon.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sbrennan

Wow - this plan looks fantastic!

One slight hitch, I joined PM last week, on the 17th of October, before this plan was announced. I am currently on the 6GB / 90 day plan.

Would there be any way to have that plan changed onto this 12GB plan? I would rather not wait unitl January, I feel like I might end up with data overage charges! I have already made the 'change' online, but that won't take place for almost three months! Is there any way I could have it changed sooner than that?

cheers!

raiden

Thanks for the heads up @daredogg @srlawren

srlawren

Hi @raiden,  No, don't do that, or you will get charged a second time.

Instead, please send @Mary_M or @Shazia_K a private message with your phone number and that your plan change to the promo plan did not switch properly, and they will assist you.

EDIT:  @daredogg typed quicker than me.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey @raiden you will probably need the help of one of the moderators if the plan didn't change. I will tag @Mary_M for you because your reply may only get seen by people who've commented on this post. Help will be on the way soon.

raiden

I switched to the new $40 4gb plan before my renewal date, but it seems that my plan remained the same today when it renewed. Should I try changing the plan again?

jamestneutron
There is an option on the page that autopopulates the correct options to avail of the offer!

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Note to take in consideration. If you do not choose the right options you will get most likely the 3 famous error: generic error, incorrect display reward and non-updated plan, and of course the pay but not get services you desired.

I suggest you that ask for moderator assistance. 

nafreire

thank you

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nafreire

I'm sorry to see that you have selected the wrong plan, it does happen nothing to worry about! 

I was able to change your plan to the new awesome one with 12GB of data:)

Please restart your device and everything should be in order!

Have a great day! 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

nafreire

I just made a mistake. I was trying to change to the $40 4GB but selected 6GB and applied it. Is there anything that can be done to make the change now since its was completed like 10 minutes ago.

Or is my only option it to have it setup for the next cycle in January

dinob
Thanks, that worked

srlawren

@jamestneutron great point!

Also, another option people could try is using a data-based calling service for their long-distance needs.  I've outlined my Hangouts Dialer recommendation just a few mins ago. 

jamestneutron

For those who were on the Canada wide or Canada /US plan... I found we had it as a just case option which we barely/never used... But decided that that adding 400 international minutes to the provincial promo plan was far better value. The minutes sit in your account until used... I can now call international if needed... I'm saving  about $45 a year per line and I end up with double the data! WINNING! 

Good job @nekkidtruth, digging through the posts!

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My only concern with this promotion is that after it ends and then your 90 days is up, will they force you to go to a different plan? Or will you be able to continue this plan indefinitely whenever you renew until you decide to change it again?

Edit: Nevermind, found this in the original announcement! Awesome!

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer

srlawren

We will keep our fingers crossed for you, @NuXPeR!  🙂  There are some glitches with plan changes at renewal sometimes; I hope PM squashes those bugs quickly.  But on the bright side, our community moderators are great at addressing the issues when they come up.  

NuXPeR

This is really a great deal. I've only been with PM about 8 months now and every time I've renewed my 90 day rate plan it's gotten better. Hopefully the transition to this new plan (in about a month) goes through smoother than it did a couple months ago when I transitioned from 4GB to 6GB. Had to create a post to get it manually changed over...

vbcrain

Nice post!

Just wanted to the add this from the other thread titled: Limited Time 4GB / $40 Plan Promo launching October 25th!

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

Hope that helps clarify for existing plan members who's renewal is after Nov. 20th.

alexzxn

Thanks everyone glad I can help.

mikefradette
Just noticed that this is for "Provincial Talk" only. Too bad it's not on the Canada-wide plan 😞

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@alexzxn

Great post !!! thank you for sharing this Heart

srlawren

@Jeremy_M thanks 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Great visuals, and walk through @alexzxn. I pinned your topic to the top of this discussion board 🙂

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bakedcorn, you only need to push the bravo icon next time instead of adding a post just for +1 😉

bakedcorn

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

@alexzxn you forgot to reference where you got that fallout image from ... tisk tisk, going to have to take the whole information post down 😛

Nice job, now you just need everyone to READ before posting CAN I DO THIS ... yes been answered a million times today and even in the main post.. sigh. 

+1

Need Help? Let's chat.