cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale. Limited Time.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Get a free 3GB data add on¹ when you activate on any plan of $25/mo or more.

I wish i had joined now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 REPLIES 31

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

It appears these are completely unadvertised promos that are not even sent out as a deal alert. I learned about it on RFD just as someone ( @fdrcamb519 ?) posted about it on the community. It's kind of a weird way to drive business by whether you luck out and see it and sign up with your email. I mean its good because it gives you the ability to get sent/order a sim card first but if you dont know to sign up ahead of time you dont get the promo. Where as before you could be out of the loop but luck into the promo by activating during the promotional period.

This is just creating more confusion and customers feeling cheated out of a promo. Perhaps @Tiana_V  will look into these type of flash sales to be sent out on deal alert emails so we could just say you had to be signed up for deal alerts to get it.....the current way is well......stupid. Secret promos that even the community is left in the dark.....thats bad marketing plain and simple.

@darlicious   Yes I agree it's not the greatest way to keep potential and current customers informed especially as PM decided not to make an Announcement with this promo as they normally do.  However, I noticed that later in the day it appeared on  PM's website.  Hopefully, Tiana_V will look into it now that you've tagged her.

@dabr 

It appears these are completely unadvertised promos that are not even sent out as a deal alert. I learned about it on RFD just as someone ( @fdrcamb519 ?) posted about it on the community. It's kind of a weird way to drive business by whether you luck out and see it and sign up with your email. I mean its good because it gives you the ability to get sent/order a sim card first but if you dont know to sign up ahead of time you dont get the promo. Where as before you could be out of the loop but luck into the promo by activating during the promotional period.

This is just creating more confusion and customers feeling cheated out of a promo. Perhaps @Tiana_V  will look into these type of flash sales to be sent out on deal alert emails so we could just say you had to be signed up for deal alerts to get it.....the current way is well......stupid. Secret promos that even the community is left in the dark.....thats bad marketing plain and simple.

@buang99 wrote:

is this only available for new users?

It is available for new activations.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You have to activate a SIM to get the reward unfortunately 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@buang99 wrote:

New activations yes.

buang99

Carniam

Don’t forget to register your email between May 26th to 28th as well. You can do that here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/flash-sale-05262020

@njchan wrote:

I'm confused about this promo ... does it mean ... if I sign up for the $25/month 1gig plan;

1. I get 4gigs of data every month? 

2. I get 1gig of data every month + 3gigs one-time that carries over until I use it all up?

3. something else that I'm completely missing?

guess I'm confused with the one-time wording.

@njchan The 3GB bonus is a one time gift, not monthly. It will stay on your account till you have used it all up.

As seen on the PM page:

Activate on a plan $25/mo or more by June 12 and get a free 3GB one-time data bonus for a limited time*

njchan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm confused about this promo ... does it mean ... if I sign up for the $25/month 1gig plan;

1. I get 4gigs of data every month? 

2. I get 1gig of data every month + 3gigs one-time that carries over until I use it all up?

3. something else that I'm completely missing?

guess I'm confused with the one-time wording.

@ssouza01 yes, if there is a will, there is a way. I love your optimism!

ssouza01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah but there has to be a way where there is a will. Don't you think ?

@ssouza01 Unfortunately, you had to sign up for this offer before activating your account.

ssouza01

I joined today and could not get benefits of FREE3GB what do I do please?

fujiyama

@hairbag1 oh...🙈 lol

I didn't think to check there. Thank you, just signed up.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@fujiyama wrote:

Thanks, never would have known about this promo otherwise. Is there any way to get notifications for these flash sales that have been happening lately?

3GB is good but being locked into a $25+ plan until you use it up is not good (for low usage users) lol. I hope they have something for the $15 plan next time.

Top of page click on "Plans"...scroll down to "Sign up for Deal Alerts".

@hairbag1   I wonder how well that Sign up for Deals Alerts work because I signed up to receive these deal alerts when it was first introduced, but lately it doesn't seem to work, I haven't received an alert for any of the promotions over the last few months.  Maybe I need to sign up for it again..

@fujiyama wrote:

Thanks, never would have known about this promo otherwise. Is there any way to get notifications for these flash sales that have been happening lately?

3GB is good but being locked into a $25+ plan until you use it up is not good (for low usage users) lol. I hope they have something for the $15 plan next time.

Top of page click on "Plans"...scroll down to "Sign up for Deal Alerts".

fujiyama

@tbuehner wrote:

I just signed up a new account today...tried to use the flash sale promo code, but it wouldn't work.  Does anyone know how/who I'm suppose to contact to get this added to my account?

Thanks

Go to the top of this page and click on the large PUBLIC banner. Then click on "Flash Sale. Limited Time" and "Learn more" for details to be eligible for the promo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbuehner wrote:

I just signed up a new account today...tried to use the flash sale promo code, but it wouldn't work.  Does anyone know how/who I'm suppose to contact to get this added to my account?

Thanks

Did you do the email submit? Did you activate using the same email address?

tbuehner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Ell

Resolved now but thanks!

@Staliger wrote:

@fdrcamb519  Wow, great promo. A good opportunity to referrer friends and family members.

This promotion is better than nothing, but I would call this one of Public Mobile's weaker promotions. On it's own, I've found that potential new customers don't really care that much about one-time bonuses.  In fact, I find that most people actually make fun of such offers.  That's just my opinion, but I've also noticed these type of one-time data bonuses usually work better when they are combinable with other offers.  For this promotion, the terms say "This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ell : What do you mean?

Getting whiplash over here. This thread got dumped down to The Lounge. Then magically brought back up.

shrug

Ell

The three GB worked when signing up but the service does not work???

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.55.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.54.54 PM.png

@fdrcamb519 if sharing this with others make sure they know that it is a one-time 3G offer. Much like an add on where it will roll over each month. 

Make sure they read all the terms

need to have autopay activate etc...

Good offer though, I think after signing up we all wished we had signed up during a flash sale....lol

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  Wow, great promo. A good opportunity to referrer friends and family members.

Here is the dreaded line

Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed

Way to punish upgrade or wrong estimate of your future usage (right at the beginning you may have no history of usage at all really). They could at least make it stay at long as the plan stays 25+. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/flash-sale-05262020 

I just ran across this on RFD but haven't see a special email sign up.....im assuming it's the deal alerts sign up.....?

Edit: nope I was wrong.....try above...

Once you sign up it gives you a promocode to use FREE3GB when activating...another new twist!

@fdrcamb519 could you please provide us with a link to this promotion. Thanks. Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Get a free 3GB data add on¹ when you activate on any plan of $25/mo or more.

I wish i had joined now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@fdrcamb519   Sounds like a great promo...where did you see it because I don't see it in the announcements?

Need Help? Let's chat.