cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time in the USA.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All worked as planned. Made phone calls sent texts and used data. All worked well. But I found that I had a lot of dead spots in Michigan and Indiana where i had no service at all, is this normal after it switched to t-mobile. And a couple times to at&t. Thanks everyone. 

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon wrote:

All worked as planned. Made phone calls sent texts and used data. All worked well. But I found that I had a lot of dead spots in Michigan and Indiana where i had no service at all, is this normal after it switched to t-mobile. And a couple times to at&t. Thanks everyone. 

Coverage depends on the networks.  Phone should auto choose the best network. Good coverage is only in populated areas or well traveled routes.

MrElbe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some times you may get a connection dependent on cell tower activity. Connectivity to a cell tower decreases in distance as more users are active.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. This is my regular route for work so I can expect this every time 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon wrote:

@mellondon  Glad to hear that it's working. The fact that it will automatically switch between both providers is also a plus. Sounds like a one-off I wouldn't be to concerned.

Enjoy your trip!

MrElbe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Quite normal. I had dead spots in middle of Pennsylvania on Route 219 last Monday.

Need Help? Let's chat.