cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling lucky

prezPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After seeing the recent price changes I am so ever thankful for switching during the FM promotion. I missed my chance last year because I hesitated about switching. So glad I did not miss it this time.

Hopefully all of who were here before can be thankful for our plans and home that a reduction in new users will show PM that this is the wrong direction.

11 REPLIES 11

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I did two speed tests on July 8th. My download speeds were 150.41 and 131.53. Upload speeds were 7.74 and 10.99. I stopped doing these tests after learning that you use quite a bit of data doing them.

@will13am
I don't usually prefer speed test but on my renewal time I had few gbs left so I decide to do a speed test since I was sure I won't be able to use 2gbs in like 6 hours so I used speed test just to see the speed of LTE. 🙂
Otherwise I don't even bother using speed test its easy over 100 mbs wasting.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When a deal comes along, always buy first, question the decision later.  BTW, @Samianauman why are you wasting your data doing speed tests?  At over 100 mbits download speed, each test must consume in the order of 100 Mbytes.  For many, that is probably a huge fraction of the monthly usage. 

It is interesting how running 3G can be faster than LTE at the moment for the new plans.  I guess somebody dropped the ball and forgot to throttle the 3G network.  I sense there are going to be a lot of unhappy faces when 3G gets throttled also. 

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Even I get around 112 average speed

prezPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow you got 118??? Thats awesome! I think the top speed i have gotten is 60

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@prezPM wrote:

After seeing the recent price changes I am so ever thankful for switching during the FM promotion. I missed my chance last year because I hesitated about switching. So glad I did not miss it this time.

Hopefully all of who were here before can be thankful for our plans and home that a reduction in new users will show PM that this is the wrong direction.

You know what was cool, I moved over during the promotion in June too from FM. 

Anyway, true story, was camping last week in Elora.  Decided to download a station from Apple iTunes, 99 songs so about 800 MB. This would be a task for FM even on a good day. Downloaded it in less than 5 minutes. 

Just awesome, couldn't be happier with the service.

I am enjoying my 118 mbps speed as well 😛
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
I am glad that I moved over as well when pm promo was on. I wouldn't be happy to join pm with their current plans. Doesnt seems attractive to me. Personal review lol

@Luddite wrote:

@guinness22 wrote:
If u move to 3 g on your phone it will be faster than new LTE 2.,5. Speed. Just change settings on your phone to 3g. U be on 6 to 8 Mbps .

This is only temporary, If you purchase a "3G" plan it will eventually be throttled on BOTH LTE and 3g networks.

That 3g speed is only available with LTE plans when LTE is not available or weak.

lol, and I was thinking about what would happen about that, glad to see I am not the only person that thinks that way.  But ping under LTE even if throttled would be better the 3G so it depends on your usage

@guinness22 wrote:
If u move to 3 g on your phone it will be faster than new LTE 2.,5. Speed. Just change settings on your phone to 3g. U be on 6 to 8 Mbps .

This is only temporary, If you purchase a "3G" plan it will eventually be throttled on BOTH LTE and 3g networks.

That 3g speed is only available with LTE plans when LTE is not available or weak.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Need Help? Let's chat.