cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Voicemail alerts

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi guys, 

So for the past couple of months my iPhone is showing me the red dot indicating a waiting voicemail. However, when I dial in and connect to my voicemail there are no messages. The indicator will go away only to reappear a day or two later, and again there are no messages. Certainly annoying as I have to constantly dial in to my voicemail to make sure I'm not missing any actual messages. 

Anyone else having this issue or aware of any possible solutions? 

8 REPLIES 8

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi Guys!
Go on your phone setting and then deactivate or put off all notifications you don't want and the false alert will be gone.

Yours,

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am also on the latest iOS (10.2) and PM carrier version (27.0). Just got another false voicemail alert today. Would like to see this resolved soon. 

imagesoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this issue on and off for a month.  Now it seems to be ok.  I am on iOS 10.2 and Public Mobile 27.0

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Same problem here! (iOS 10.2 and Public Mobile 27.0)

Fortunately mine will go away after few minutes or if you dial the voicemail service. 

But still very annoying! Hope they will fix it soon. 

Vickel

no issues here with iphone 6 with latest update.

maybe check if there is a carrier update available

Settings > general > about  i believe will check for carrier update.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Sounds like a software problem.
I had the same issue but on android ; for me clearing the cache did the trick. Unfortunately I don't know about iOS .

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @xxJDxx,

I also have that indicator on my phone. I only check my voicemail when i notice a missing call, otherwise  i ignore the indicator as i already know it's not a voice message. You can do the same and hopefully it will desapear.

Yours,

dohadotahmed
Hi, can you please check your voicemail number in your voicemail settings. Thanks.
Need Help? Let's chat.