cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall 2016 Promo data speed?

DavidNS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone know for sure what we're supposed to be gfetting?  I believe this plan came in before they started segregating 3g and LTE so I'm assuming they didn't bandwidth restrict it?

19 REPLIES 19

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

20180220-125048.jpgIts LTE data. First one is PM and 2nd one is Koodo same location targetting same server

MK78

@slavitchwrote:

I get 54.4 Mbps download 5.39 Mbps upload on LTE in Ottawa.

It depends on your signal obviously, the level of usage on the towers you're on, and also on your phone which LTE bands it supports, and most importantly if it supports carrier aggregation, to get into the super fast speeds.

slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get 54.4 Mbps download 5.39 Mbps upload on LTE in Ottawa.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michael77wrote:

@MK78wrote:

@Michael77wrote:

We definitely get full LTE speed. This is what I got as my fastest on PM.

Great speed.  Are you sure that is not your wifi speed?

No, that screenshot I took from the speedtest app today, when I was at home on WIFI, thats why its on the top bar. But if you look below, the test is from earlier in January and it says LTE Public Mobile.

And ironically, at home I only have 50/10 VDSL. LOL.

You get better LTE speeds than your home internet. LOL

Telus does have fast speeds. 🙂

Well Bell has fast speeds since it's in Ontario it's Bell's network. But either way super fast.

Wonder_why

@Michael77 the screenshot show Public Mobile Cat Happy

@Michael77wrote:

@MK78wrote:

Image 2018-02-19_09-46-01-332.png

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MK78wrote:

@Michael77wrote:

No, that screenshot I took from the speedtest app today, when I was at home on WIFI, thats why its on the top bar. But if you look below, the test is from earlier in January and it says LTE Public Mobile.

You get better LTE speeds than your home internet. LOL

Telus does have fast speeds. 🙂

MK78

@Michael77wrote:

Michael77

@MK78wrote:

MK78

Unless Public Mobile made some type of specific promise as to maximum available speeds, they could do whatever they want to speeds as long at they still allow customers to connect to the LTE network (which they do allow on all plans anyway).

staticcory

@torontokriswrote:

@staticcorywrote:

@KMGwrote:

Some are speculating that PM could change the speed of customers on the promo to 3G (since it never said anywhere that it was LTE), but nothing official has been announced.

Actually, if you go to one of the original threads promoting the plan:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

And scroll down to the 5th message, Dave himself says "LTE access", and that's just on the first page. I'm sure there are countless mentions of the plan being 4G/LTE, including personal texts, and private messages, that people have saved somewhere.

The "3G" speed plans are still giving you LTE access just at a capped/limited LTE 3MBPS. So that could be a loophole.

You are technically correct. I still feel like many people were told that the speeds were 4G/LTE however. I just listed that one example of Dave saying "LTE access". Maybe i'll do some further digging.

torontokris

@staticcorywrote:

@KMGwrote:

Some are speculating that PM could change the speed of customers on the promo to 3G (since it never said anywhere that it was LTE), but nothing official has been announced.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

And scroll down to the 5th message, Dave himself says "LTE access", and that's just on the first page. I'm sure there are countless mentions of the plan being 4G/LTE, including personal texts, and private messages, that people have saved somewhere.

The "3G" speed plans are still giving you LTE access just at a capped/limited LTE 3MBPS. So that could be a loophole.

Acekiller

I think it would generate a bigger backlash if they did

@shawnie_boywrote:

This would be the absolute best way and loophole to get customers to switch to Koodo and still maintain the 120 plan. They would not really be going against what they said. I would expect this to happen in 6 months 

I'm guessing you mean the loophole would be PM choosing to downgrade unspecified mobile data bandwidth from LTE to 3G?

Nobody expects PM to create or use loopholes towards the benefit of users anymore?

'Tis dark and sad times indeed for PM when the PM Community abandons itself, lol.

shawnie_boy

This would be the absolute best way and loophole to get customers to switch to Koodo and still maintain the 120 plan. They would not really be going against what they said. I would expect this to happen in 6 months 

staticcory

@KMGwrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KMGwrote:

This is purely speculation.  Obviously "never say never" given recent events, but this would be a very boneheaded move and I think it's highly unlikely.

@DavidNSwrote:

Anyone know for sure what we're supposed to be gfetting?  I believe this plan came in before they started segregating 3g and LTE so I'm assuming they didn't bandwidth restrict it? 

@DavidNS as noted by @mimmo, it's full speed LTE.  Should anyone ever wish to check their own plan, here's how to tell which data speed your plan includes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

KMG

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Full LTE speed

Need Help? Let's chat.