cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to activate my sim, need help please!

TristanJericho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Ive tried to activate my sim multiple times last night, with 3 different credit cards but it still failed. I tried to use my old # and a new one on several attempts as well. It all went well on summary but after payment and activation, it says failed and need to contact public mobile. Need help please, already pm'ed mods last night and this morning,  but still no reply. Help and insights are much appreciated.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@fusionmobile, would you please stop spamming this forum?  This is at least the forth post I’ve read since logging in this morning, and it’s against the community forum policies.

fusionmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had two sim cards I was activating at the same time.  The first one went through fine, but the second had a glitch.  It took several days to get it sorted out but the moderators were great.  I was fortunate that I didn't need the second sim card right away, otherwise I would have been a little more miffed.

TristanJericho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@will13am wrote:

@TristanJericho, moderator response time is up to 72 hours.  This is why you have not heard back from them yet.  Have you checked your credit card to see if you have been charged.  If there has not been any payment taken, you have not progressed far enough along the activation process that would impede another try.  I suggest clearing the browser cache or using incognito mode and giving it another try if payment has not been taken.  Note also when entering the credit card information, leave the suite number blank and do not include any space in the postal code.

Problem solved guys! ... I activated my sim already! ... tried to sign in as Incognito. Maybe I had a mistake on my 1st payment attempt which is debit card, it needs PAD I think, and tried to redo my application right away instead of waiting after 50 mins. I only tried one application of activation today and it all went well. Thanks for the help and insights guys! Cheers! 

ksoosiah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar issue. Went in store to purchase sim, and came back home to sign up on my own. I got to the payment page, entered my cc info, and hit with the "generic error" page. Tried again with the same sim, which was invalid by now. Went back to the store, got another sim, came back home, and got the same error page.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TristanJericho, moderator response time is up to 72 hours.  This is why you have not heard back from them yet.  Have you checked your credit card to see if you have been charged.  If there has not been any payment taken, you have not progressed far enough along the activation process that would impede another try.  I suggest clearing the browser cache or using incognito mode and giving it another try if payment has not been taken.  Note also when entering the credit card information, leave the suite number blank and do not include any space in the postal code.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @TristanJericho,

Welcome to PM, it's rather frustrating especially when there's noone to talk to directly regading the issue, but since you have messaged the moderator team, the issue will be solved, only require some patience. Hopefully you added your identification info already (phone number and PIN). Best of luck as you wait, it sure pays off eventually, I'm witness to that already.

Need Help? Let's chat.