cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: FRAUDULENT phone number ported to Public Mobile this morning - NEED IT SUSPENDED

@AngryBELLCX wrote:

I've been on phone with Bell and Telus/PM all morning.  Bell did not release the phone number - it is fraudulent activity. Telus claims they can't do anything because it's PM and PM doesn't have an actual phone numbers to speak to a live person to rectify the issue - very circular in trying to get it resolved from the PM Telus side.

appreciate your response, though.

If Bell never released the number then the port should not have gone through. If Bell is saying the number was ported without their authorization then that is diffintely a Bell issue as the holder of the number must release the number for the port to be successful!

Sorry, I can imagine out stressful this must be, I spent months arguing with Bell over them black listing a used phone that was aquired from them. (Long Story).

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: FRAUDULENT phone number ported to Public Mobile this morning - NEED IT SUSPENDED

@krazykiwi ship The blacklisted phone to family not in Canada. Will work fine there. Willing to bet that Bells answer was no dice.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@krazykiwi ship The blacklisted phone to family not in Canada. Will work fine there. Willing to bet that Bells answer was no dice.

Thanks for the advice. I eventually got it replaced legally.

The guy got the phone from Bell using a fraudulent account, Bell gave him the phone but then found out it was fraudulent and they blacklisted the phone. When I talked to Bell they wanted me to contact the seller and have them have the phone unblacklisted, which makes since if he was the one that had the phone BL'ed but he didn't, Bell did. I offered the phone back but they didn't want it, they "are a big company and 1 phone does not mean anything to them". Yet unwilling to remove it from the BL! I offered all the information on the person including licence number, car make and model, proper phone number with Rogers (who btw were very helpful even though this had nothing to do with them), a video of the guy they were not interested in any of it. 

Very frustrating dealing with Bell.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi  I can relate....its a big financial hit for you and very inconvenient and time consuming but to them it's a speck of dust. When I had my purse stolen and a serious attempt at stealing my identity I had video and pictures of the thief using one of my credit cards and a phone number but the bank, credit card company and the police didn't even want the information.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@krazykiwi  I can relate....its a big financial hit for you and very inconvenient and time consuming but to them it's a speck of device. When I had my purse stolen and a serious attempt at stealing my identity I had video and pictures of the thief using one of my credit cards and a phone number but the bank, credit card company and the police didn't even want the information.

I hear you. I had all the information including videos on a cd and the Police ssid, "Oh, you want us to keep that". I was dumbfounded.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It got resolved.  Got my number back yesterday.  Thanks all!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngryBELLCX  That's great! Now all you have to do to save money is sign up for public mobile!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AngryBELLCX 

Publicmobile nor Telus nor any other provider can't get Bell number without Bell releasing it. Bell had to release it

Which means that people who did it had enough info to port you out.

You should change passwords.

I suggest you don't use the same email associated with your phone for banking, this way they wouldn't have info on their hands and will have hell of a time guessing the t right email. 

I'm glad your number is back, hope everything else is safe too.

Welcome to the community (even though under such grim circumstances) and best luck