cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY got password changed...

Bucko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow. I couldn't believe it when after weeks of trying to reset the password for Community happened. I've been in some kind of cyber whirlpool!

I got started on Public Mobile about a year ago, coming from Virgin. At the time I posted some new topics and posted comments. My first question is, can I recover the points / badge(s) I had? I'm starting of brand new again after resetting my password. PM thinks I'm Brown the new boy.

I'm down on my hands and knees praying that when I log-out I'll get back in again.

Do you need specific info, like plan number?

Regards, Paul.

"Bucko"

Formery: "inPicton"

10 REPLIES 10

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Bucko

Thanks for that info, wetcoaster. It was primarily the time-sensitve aspect of the password changing. It was oft the next morning before when I hauled myself out of the sack that I checked email. It had expired many hours previous.

I'll save those links to my lifesaving application, Evernote. I've been using Evernote on all of my devices since 2011. Marvelous application!

I'm marking this as solved and appreciate all of the feedback.

Best regards, Paul.

@Bucko wrote:

Another reason it has taken so long to change my password, is the delay for the request and the time the "reset" email arrives. Then there is the small timeframe window that exists to change the password! In the past 2 or 3 days, I've likely sent a password request about a dozen times.

@Bucko

Assuming that you are talking about the password for your self serve account - that password recovery function has not worked properly for a while now.

You should reach out to the moderator team to get that sorted - they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Working on a first come, first serve basis, hey will get back to you as soon a they can. Since password resets are time sensitive, turn your e-mail notifications on so that you get their reply asap.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Bucko

Another reason it has taken so long to change my password, is the delay for the request and the time the "reset" email arrives. Then there is the small timeframe window that exists to change the password! In the past 2 or 3 days, I've likely sent a password request about a dozen times.

Bucko

Another question regarding passwords.

Is there a reason why one cannot access the "community" from Self-Serve without logging-in with a different password? That has been the difficulty for me, having attempted dozens of times logging into the Community in order to post a question.

Regards, paul.

Bucko

"Unfortunately, they do not recycle these, and new accounts must be started.  Use a temp email, and you can change it back to the original email later (if you wish)."

Don't know what you mean regarding the above statement. If I can't recover the points, that's okay.

Thanks for your input.

Bucko

" but your community email and your selfserve email need to be the same  to collect rewards"

Thank you for that. I'm okay in that regard, Self-serve and Community email addresses are and always have been the same.

It sounds like  your old account may have been disabled, if you're just coming back now.  After 90 days of inactivity, the self-service account is deactivated, and is held there until they manually delete them (at some further point in time).

Unfortunately, they do not recycle these, and new accounts must be started.  Use a temp email, and you can change it back to the original email later (if you wish).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome back.  not sure about your questions,  but your community email and your selfserve email need to be the same  to collect rewards (just incase you had to register a new email address in teh community.)

Need Help? Let's chat.