cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO Queue

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

With all the recent network problems wouldn't it be best if Public Mobile reconsidered their FIFO queue policy that is currently used by the @CS_Agent   and maybe implement some type of severity rating system that will allow them to allocate the most resources to fix the most serious customer problems first?

A customer without any service having to wait for 5 days to get a response because another customer ahead of him can't get VoiceMail to co-operate does not make sense.

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The only practical solution is FIFO.  To do priority ranking would require someone to read each private message and bin them.  This process adds extra work and thus further delay.  IMHO, the resolution to the long queues causes by widespread problems is to up the product quality and reduce the number of occurrences.  It has been one issue after another after another in recent times. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I understand some prioritization does occur. That said, there is a serious communication gap whenever incoming private messages cannot be cleared within 24 hours. Even worse when there's a systemic issue and moderators may not post updates in Announcements.

PM is a work in progress, and we're living through it! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

The only problem I could see with doing a prioritized system is people with low priority problems could end up getting bumped forever. 

What I would like to see is some way to track your moderator emails. My work uses an email system for tech support but when you send an email you get an incident number as a reply. And there is a page you can go to that can track the status of your incident. So you know it didn't get trashed and you can add more info if things change.

@kelvarnsen  Great idea, that would be ideal but is it costly to implement?

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The only problem I could see with doing a prioritized system is people with low priority problems could end up getting bumped forever. 

What I would like to see is some way to track your moderator emails. My work uses an email system for tech support but when you send an email you get an incident number as a reply. And there is a page you can go to that can track the status of your incident. So you know it didn't get trashed and you can add more info if things change.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

With all the recent network problems wouldn't it be best if Public Mobile reconsidered their FIFO queue policy that is currently used by the @CS_Agent   and maybe implement some type of severity rating system that will allow them to allocate the most resources to fix the most serious customer problems first?

A customer without any service having to wait for 5 days to get a response because another customer can't get VoiceMail to co-operate does not make sense.

Agree...someone without service should be prioritized over more minor issues!

Need Help? Let's chat.