cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending US addon plan

mibs000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I added a US text+talk plan for 2 of my lines and they are set to expire today. However, I went on my account to renew them but there is no option for me to select them. How do I renew a US addon if the addon hasnt expired yet without me losing my service.

Please help

12 REPLIES 12

You're right, not working... Except I got the image associated with the contact... Still better than nothing 😉

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here you can try this, but I'm not sure how well it will work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypxdob04dk6vvlx/Public%20Mobile.vcf?dl=0

When I look at the vcf file with a text editor, it doesn't have any of the custom lables on the phone numbers, so I don't think you'll get those.  Also, I tried opening it in Outlook 2016 for Windows just as a test, and it comes up without any phone numbers displayed.  So, while you're welcome to try this VCF, I have no idea if or how well it will work.  Worth a try though!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren

I was doing the same, but never realized all the text numbers could be categorized!

Maybe you could share the contact card here for others? Thanks!

@srlawren, that is brilliant.  Tag this member up as the NEXT Oracle ASAP.  Going to do that right now.

EYA I can't edit my contacts like that with WM will have to wait for the Essential

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren, I’ve never thought to do that.  Nice idea,

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker here's how I have it set up in my phone's contacts 🙂

Screenshot_20171125-125018.jpg

This way all the various texts they send me end up showing up with the logo and the Public mobile name instead of "100" or "5129" or whatever:

Screenshot_20171125-124843.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker

1-855-478-2542  Cat Wink 

@Someone_here

According to the info I have, it says "customers might experience issues when trying to dial into *611 while roaming" so, not sure about this one, someone would have to try it out and let us know! 

And yes, we are able to manually remove and repurchase add-ons from our end if necessary! So @mibs000, feel free to send us a private message if we can help 🙂 

Cheers guys!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

There is a toll free number for the US to call, but I can’t find it!!!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

I guess you'll have to hunt for wifi...

Just got an idea though, anyone know if calling 611 would work in the state after the add-on expires?

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As @stonechucker mentioned, due to system limitations, you will not be able to purchase the same add-on again.

I'm not sure if the Moderators will be able to help manually add the package to your account but you can can try sending a message to the Moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You will not be able to purchase the same roaming addon until the day after it expires.  It's unfortunate, as data can run out before the 10 days. 😞

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you referring to one of the 10 day add ons? Rather than renewing the add on, you just need to buy a new one once the current one expires.  They can't be renewed.

Need Help? Let's chat.