cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired account: e-mail address recycling.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey, PM Community.

I've let one PM account expire for good (after sitting for 90 days in the suspended state).

Will I be able to reuse the e-mail address for the expired account again, to create a brand new account?

Quick search across these forums did not yield any definitive answer, 

so I'd appreciate very much  a clarification from our knowleadgeable community of from the esteemed  @CS_Agent 

TIA!

12 REPLIES 12

WoozyPolarBear

While we are on this subject, I would really like if Public Mobile allowed the management of multiple phone line accounts withing one email profile. I have 3 accounts, and it's a bit of a hassle to have to log into each one separately. TELUS allows me to have multiple lines on one login account, so it should be possible to implement with Public Mobile too. Right now, I have to use the Gmail alias trick.

I agree with @stonechucker on this.

But I can not help but wonder why you are doing all of this? You were in then ported out, then you were in and let it expire, now you want back in with the same email....using a different email in this case seems like the least of your "simplicity" concerns?

@MVP wrote:

I know about aliases, but I want to use the same e-mail for simplicity.

I know for a fact that one can re-use the same e-mail after porting out.

What I do not know yet and want to clarify now, 

itt is whethe re-using will also work for an expired account. But I will try in a couple of months.

I have done this.  But I do not recommend it.  Here is why...

i signed up in Dec 2015 to test PM, as I wasn’t sure what coverage would be, nor quality of service.  Knowing I had crappy service at home with Rogers and Wind, I wanted to make sure before I switched.

So, I signed up with a new email after my account expired due to non payment and expiry.  After new account was created, I changed the email address within selfserve, to my former Elaine address as it was the preferred address.

Doing this, I believe I have broken any possible emails from Public Mobile, as the email address is no longer unique in the database.

I can not use the password recovery tool.  Also note, alias addresses also seem to fail on the password recovery system.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you don’t go down this path.  It’s not worth the aggravation if problems arise with account lock out.

MVP

I know about aliases, but I want to use the same e-mail for simplicity.

I know for a fact that one can re-use the same e-mail after porting out.

What I do not know yet and want to clarify now, 

itt is whethe re-using will also work for an expired account. But I will try in a couple of months.

JackQuint

@mimmo wrote:

@MVP  @You can not reuse an old email address even if your account has expired. The system does not delete them. You must use a new email address if you want a new account

If your address is Gmail you could use an email alias, name+1@gmail.com is the same as name@gmail.com

Great advice. You can also create an alias within gmail and this also works for Outlook.com.

@MVP wrote:

Am I referring the @CS_Agent  correctly so that they can see and reply to this thread?

@MVP If you need to contact the Moderator Team best to click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

MVP

Am I referring the @CS_Agent  correctly so that they can see and reply to this thread?

MVP

@CellGirl @mimmo  I have to clarify, I've been able to re-use the same e-mail address after porting out. Now I wonder if the same rule applies to the case when an account has expired after 90 days of suspended. I do not see why it should be different, but want to verify @CS_Agent  ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MVP  @You can not reuse an old email address even if your account has expired. The system does not delete them. You must use a new email address if you want a new account

If your address is Gmail you could use an email alias, name+1@gmail.com is the same as name@gmail.com

CellGirl

@MVP 

I don't believe you could re-use your email address; it may be archived in the system. You're best to inquire with the mods, by clicking @CS_Agent and composing a message to them...

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MVP wrote:

Hey, PM Community.

I've let one PM account expire for good (after sitting for 90 days in the suspended state).

Will I be able to reuse the e-mail address for the expired account again, to create a brand new account?

Quick search across these forums did not yield any definitive answer, 

so I'd appreciate very much  a clarification from our knowleadgeable community of from the esteemed  @CS_Agent 

TIA!

I have seen others say that if your account has been expired for more than 90 days, then you might be able to reuse your email, but if not & you do need to use a new email address, you can change it back after you've created your new account & activated your new SIM. Just login to your self-serve account, then go under ‘My Profile’ > ‘Edit Profile’  and then ‘Change Username’ to then change your email back to the old email address. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe you would be able to use same address as your old account would have been removed from the system.  You would then setup a new account so one email address would be associated with the account.

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.