cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages from moderators!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So I just saw the following message addressed not to me but in my private mailbox.  I've not copied the person's name who it's addressed to, or the moderator's name, but I'm concerned about how someone else's mail not being sent to the proper user, after all it could contain private sensitive information, luckily in this instance it doesn't.  I will be replying to the moderator to let them, but really it shouldn't be happening.  Here's the message:

Thank you for your reply!

I've removed the 250 Data roaming add on and I've added the 200 MB data add on for 10$ and if you go on your Public Mobile self serve account you will see the add on installed!

Please tell me if you have any other questions or concerns! Smiley Happy

Cheers! Smiley Happy

14 REPLIES 14

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tonzee wrote:

Hi can someone assist me with plan changes...I'm.paying 27 dollars for a basic limited outgoing incoming plan and u guys are charging 15 dollars for similar plans why am I overpaying ? 

Yeah definitely change your plan if there is a better / cheaper one available that fits your needs. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tonzee wrote:

Hi can someone assist me with plan changes...I'm.paying 27 dollars for a basic limited outgoing incoming plan and u guys are charging 15 dollars for similar plans why am I overpaying ? 

Plan changes are your responsibility, not PM's. You can simply change your plan in Self Serve -- either immediately (you forfeit any money you paid for the usage period) or upon next renewal.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tonzee wrote:

I've just noticed that you've posted under an older thread that isn't relevant to your question

You really need to post this as a new question under plans/add-ons to facilitate more views and answers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tonzee wrote:

Log into your account and select change plans, then select the $15 plan, at the next screen it should ask if you want to change immediately, or next renewal, select next renewal, this way you will not lose what you have paid for already.

PM does not automatically change your plans, you have to check PM plans at least once a week because new plans/updated plans get introduced from time to time and it is up to you to act if there is a better option for you.

Tonzee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @dabr

You`re welcome!

Have a nice week! 🙂

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @dabr,

The message you posted on the public thread may have been sent by mistake, but it has nothing to do with a privacy breach.

I do not notice any private information, but if you`d like a re-assurance, it is usually from customers that we, the mods, get back private information and not the other way around and concerns mostly the authentication process or securing the account, precisely to avoid any privacy issues. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I`ll be happy to answer them.

Have a great day,

Oana! 🙂

Oana, thanks, I appreciate your response and the assurance that private information is not shared via the moderator response, and is limited to the verification process.  That actually is reassuring.

Hopefully, the rightful user did eventually get the information that was pertinent to his account.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @dabr,

The message you posted on the public thread may have been sent by mistake, but it has nothing to do with a privacy breach.

I do not notice any private information, but if you`d like a re-assurance, it is usually from customers that we, the mods, get back private information and not the other way around and concerns mostly the authentication process or securing the account, precisely to avoid any privacy issues. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I`ll be happy to answer them.

Have a great day,

Oana! 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@popping@dabr the new ticketing system from my understanding is simply a "smart" form that gathers the needed info (related to your issue)  and basically sends a private message to moderator_team on your behalf.    

so its basically still the same private message system with a unique number,  with hopefully fewer interactions by validating accounts and by collecting what is believed necessary info.

It will not take too much effort for IT to force moderator to reply to the ticket originator by private message within the ticket system.

@popping if the new "new system" uses the  same back end, I am really not sure what can change, a private message is still a private message even if it has a number.    My best guess is that the mods are handling multiple private messages at a time and they ocassionaly click the wrong window and thus reply to the wrong person.    I did tell alan it would  be nice to know how the backend of teh private message system works.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@popping@dabr the new ticketing system from my understanding is simply a "smart" form that gathers the needed info (related to your issue)  and basically sends a private message to moderator_team on your behalf.    

so its basically still the same private message system with a unique number,  with hopefully fewer interactions by validating accounts and by collecting what is believed necessary info.

@mimmo  I'm hoping preventing these kind of errors are being worked on as part of this new ticketing system too, but if I'm reading you correctly that may not be the case?

popping

@mimmo wrote:

It will not take too much effort for IT to force moderator to reply to the ticket originator by private message within the ticket system.

mimmo

@popping  I agree mistakes happen but it's still kind of troubling that it might be happening on more than one occasion, especially because sometimes personal information is being requested/sent through this email system. 

Hopefully, the new ticketing system will prevent this in the future.

popping

@dabr wrote:

So I just saw the following message addressed not to me but in my private mailbox.  I've not copied the person's name who it's addressed to, or the moderator's name, but I'm concerned about how someone else's mail not being sent to the proper user, after all it could contain private sensitive information, luckily in this instance it doesn't.  I will be replying to the moderator to let them, but really it shouldn't be happening.  Here's the message:

Thank you for your reply!

I've removed the 250 Data roaming add on and I've added the 200 MB data add on for 10$ and if you go on your Public Mobile self serve account you will see the add on installed!

Please tell me if you have any other questions or concerns! Smiley Happy

Cheers! Smiley Happy

This had happened to me a few times since I joint PM a year ago. Moderator send a private message reply to my mailbox for soneone else.  I understand that people make mistakes.  I reply to that moderator and pointed out the mistake and hoping s/he will not make the same mistake again.

@Alan_K 

I hope that the new trouble ticket system will eliminate this type of human errors.

Need Help? Let's chat.