cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Migrating to Koodo

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I got a text on my phone to migrate to Koodo on 5GB for $35 or 8 GB for $40 plan + 180 bill credits.

When I try to order online, it let's me add the promo code + phone number to the cart but during checkout it shows that the code is one time use and has already been redeemed.

I am still with public, no one else knows my phone number and the expiry date of the promo Sep 4th has not yet passed.

Help? Suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

Katiana20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The text message is legitimate. When I bought my sim card today at Wallmart the salesperson told me a lot of people had been coming back with a text message from Koodo with the offer you mentioned. He said to come back in store to switch over to Koodo if I wanted to once/if I receive the same text message... Hope this helps

I would have stayed but the offer of 8 GB, for the same amount that I spending on for 4.5 GB, was a no-brainer.

That I had to go through the ordeal of contacting so many different people just to Migrate, well that's a different story.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@507437218 wrote:

*****UPDATE*****

I was informed that no one else had used my number / offer to migrate but that it was a system glitch.

Next Steps:

• Requesting Koodo to reverse the in store activation

More like someone used your code and they don’t want to admit it (to avoid admitting it’s a problem and avoid your next steps request)

you should have stayed with public mobile!

Thanks for taking time to update your situation.  That would be helpful for future customers who have difficulties.  

Have a great long weekend.

*****UPDATE*****

I had to jump through a lot of hoops and spend significant amount of time + 1 extra month of PM funds, which I completely lost, to finally get the plan activated.

Background:

I received a Migrate to Koodo Offer of $35 of 5 GB / $40 for 8 GB along with $180 Credits. When I attempted to migrate, I kept on getting an error message that the code was a one time use code and had already been redeemed.

Thanks a lot for everyone who suggested various possibilities and ways I could resolve this.

Resolution:

I contacted Koodo Customer Care, websotre and none of them could help.

What finally worked for me was the advice given by the Moderator here.

I ended up going to a Koodo Shop. They apparently have access to different activation systems than the web store, online channel or even the customer care.

The gentleman there had to get in touch with someone from the backend, confirm my PM offer and finally generated a new activation code, or so I think.

I was informed that no one else had used my number / offer to migrate but that it was a system glitch.

Extra Associated Consequential Costs:

• I had to spend extra credits to keep the PM account active for 1 more day (paying essentially for the whole month) while the system error was resolved
  • Extra $30 + Tax was charged since it was an instore activation
  • Lost out on different phone deals + $0 activation on other stores like Best Buy / Walmart / Wow etc

Next Steps:

• Requesting PM to transfer my existing credits + the 1 Month extra that I had to spend to keep the account active to a different PM Line I have
  • Requesting Koodo to reverse the in store activation

Once again, thank you all for your advice, this is a great community indeed.

Thanks,

And speaking of the gong show that is Koodo

Check this one out

Koodo webstore calls to confirm new lines would be added to existing account

Think they did what they said they would do? Cat LOL

Nope all lines ended up on 3 seperate accounts

@MasterOogway

Funny (true) story about just how bad communication is between them (even when they are both in a conference call)

Activated a $40 / 8 GB migration plan

Koodo rep took down cell number + account number for port

Conferenced in the Public rep who needed to check some master list for $180 bill credit eligibility

Both reps unable to confirm, ask client what is account number again (the one they just asked for number port)

Client unable to log into Public self serve (since they just ported him, the online account is closed) no clue what account number was

Koodo rep asks what name was txt addressed to (???)

Advised there is no name in the promo txt offer just the cell number

I posted on other board these migrations are really a gong show

The offers are great, but someone needs to establish some operating procedures or something

MasterOogway

I've already told publicmobile that this was too easily abusible. That what they should do is generate a completely different code. There is too little communication between public and koodo that in the event someone does use someone else's number there is nothing that could be done. Although koodo couldn't technically reactivate the code and allow it to be used.

@kav2001c wrote:

I am wondering how widespread this issue actually was

This really should be a kick in the pants to Koodo to use something else to validate plan eligibility

The shysters are too cunning.  I am sure something more robust can be done but it will just make it too difficult for the legit people to navigate and in the end they will still find a workaround.  The key is apply a deterrent.  Reported cases should be investigated and offenders appropriately dealt with.    

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@507437218, about the only thing Public Mobile can do is reaffirm that your number is on the qualifying list of eligible numbers.  Whether your number has already been used and by whom can only be confirmed at the Koodo end as they are the ones receiving the migration sign ups.  It seems like the people you have interacted with are too lazy to help and tried to pass the problem to someone else.  My recommendation is to start by putting it in writing through their contact us link.  This is important as it establishes the timeline in which your inquiry was started.  In the event that resolution completes after the eligibility period for this offer, you will have full justification to receive appropriate dispensation.  In parallel, I suggest contacting customer service by phone and ask to speak to a second level supervisor.  Usually people higher up in the food chain are better positioned to undertake unusual requests like initiating an investigation into whether there was unauthorize use of your number by someone else.  Of course if this is the case, the offending party needs to receive the appropriate retribution.  Good luck with this and please report back the final outcome. 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus

I am wondering how widespread this issue actually was

This really should be a kick in the pants to Koodo to use something else to validate plan eligibility

@507437218

You will need to contact Public mobile moderator to see whether they can help you.  It does look like that somebody probably used your PM number to get this deal.  It has been reported by others online that their number did not work.  There are online PM number generators that people have been using to "borrow" other people phone numbers.  Hopefully, the moderators can help you out.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The only person at public mobile are the mods.  And I doubt they can do anything as Koodo it is koodos system that says your code was used.  You need to ask them to track down  the account that use your number.

In case you want to contact the mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

I did,

Their response was that Public Mobile sent you the offer and they own the lists. I was asked to contact Public Mobile

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Contact koodo web store. Someone probabky used you number without your permissionn

Need Help? Let's chat.