cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errant referral SMS messages???

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

On the weekend I received two text messages within a minute noting that I have referred a friend.  So far I don't see any new referrals show up in my account.  Coincidentally, I did offer a referral to someone.  I have never experienced a situation where a referral text was received in error.  Usually I don't receive any text even though a successful referral was applied or a referral has left.  It's been a while since I added referrals.  Anyone else experience this oddity?

5 REPLIES 5

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

On the weekend I received two text messages within a minute noting that I have referred a friend.  So far I don't see any new referrals show up in my account.  Coincidentally, I did offer a referral to someone.  I have never experienced a situation where a referral text was received in error.  Usually I don't receive any text even though a successful referral was applied or a referral has left.  It's been a while since I added referrals.  Anyone else experience this oddity?

@will13am you may want to contact the moderator team via private message to have them look at your referrals.  Here's all the info you need to do so 😉

Spoiler
J/K don't worry I'm not going to put my macro in here.  But yeah, why not just PM the mods dude??

The last time I did that was during the hectic 2016 fall promo.  My referral list went blank, so I had to act.  Afterwards, the rebuild I had three less referrals.  I am afraid to gain one, lose three.

Edit:  The person who I gave my referral to did not sign up.  So, maybe the text was errant after all.  Nothing to chase down then.  I will just stand down this entire situation.  

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@

@will13am you may want to contact the moderator team via private message to have them look at your referrals.  Here's all the info you need to do so 😉

Spoiler
J/K don't worry I'm not going to put my macro in here.  But yeah, why not just PM the mods dude??

Hahaha Smiley Very Happy good one

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Spoiler

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am  I rememebr having ghost rewards, but dont recall sms announcing them. I had ghost removal of rewards, and errant removals, but dont recall errant addition notificatons.

did your rewards go up? in selfferve?  do they show the number that gave you the referal?  

you could always ask the mods to investigate and remove the errant rewards 🙂

I just receive notification text only, no change in referrals list.  I am following up to make sure my number was actually used in an activation before following up.  I need this detail anyway otherwise I will have the moderator team chasing ghosts. 

BTW, I had my referrals messed up in early 2017 and a reset was done by the back office and I think I permanently lost some referrals in that process.  I am not too keen on going there again.  One missed referral is not big deal. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am  I rememebr having ghost rewards, but dont recall sms announcing them. I had ghost removal of rewards, and errant removals, but dont recall errant addition notificatons.

did your rewards go up? in selfferve?  do they show the number that gave you the referal?  

you could always ask the mods to investigate and remove the errant rewards 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.