cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only/Service not provisioned

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm having an issue with my sim activation. Even though my account is showing as active under My Account online I get Emergency calls only/Service not provisioned on my phone. Can a CSR (@Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O) assist? Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

Both methods didnt work 

Well...I'm tapped. Report back with the SIM # compare but I guess the first reply is your direction.

@Khemel8906then unfortunately you will have to wait for the moderator's assistance.. expect to hear from them up to 48+ hours

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Khemel8906
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both methods didnt work 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

It wont register on my other phone either 

And doing the lost/stolen procedure and also the extra $1 didn't work did you say?

Khemel8906

It wont register on my other phone either 

@Khemel8906Since you mentioned another phone.. can you swap the SIM cards to see if the sim card in the alcatel works in your other phone? If not it is a problem with the phone not with Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

It shows bell Roger's telus some other 4g thing I tried to connect to all but not public mobile like my other phone.

Can you compare the last 4 digits of the SIM in the self-serve with that physically printed on the SIM (or card)?

Is it a dual-SIM phone? If so try it in the other slot.

Khemel8906

It shows bell Roger's telus some other 4g thing I tried to connect to all but not public mobile like my other phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

Bought brand new from walmart. It's not picking up the network carrier to connect too I dont see public mobile even on the list 

If you scan for networks what all do you get?

Is the phone possibly locked to a carrier? Like sold for intending to be for a carrier?

Khemel8906

Bought brand new from walmart. It's not picking up the network carrier to connect too I dont see public mobile even on the list 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

Alcatel 50044G and tried all the options and still not working

Did you buy it new? And where from?

Khemel8906

Alcatel 50044G and tried all the options and still not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Khemel8906 wrote:

Activated it online and account in good standing. 

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Khemel8906

Activated it online and account in good standing. 

@Khemel8906Sounds like you will need to contact the moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Were you able to login to your selfserve account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca? Did you activated it in store?

Khemel8906

I am also having the same issue with my alcatel phone 

tod

@Mary_M Thanks, I didn't check my inbox as I assumed I'd get a notification.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tod

Please refer to my private message earlier ; the ticket will take a few hours as our team is working on it.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tod

@Shazia_K It's still the same after a few hours, if I attempt to call my PM number I get 6ut2 or 6ut3

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@tod

I'm really sorry for this unfortunate situation,

The ticket I submitted with our tech team is still in progress, please allow a short time. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

tod

@Shazia_K It looks like I'm having a very rough start with PM.. I tried restarting and also tried with another device but I still don't get service.

P.S. Should I maybe try leaving the sim out for a while?

@JaK My thought was maybe not connecting to TELUS network, but another operator's tower.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tod

Thank you for sending me the requested info, 

There is an issue with your account in the back end, which should be fixed shortly. 

Please restart your phone is about an hour from now. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

gachi

Hi @tod,

Have you tried going into the setting where you select the cellular network and search for networks?  I had to do that after I activated this morning.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, thanks for the update @tod, takes that off the table. Anyway, you are in good hands with @Shazia_K, sure she will get you going.

tod
I have the sim in a factory unlocked BB Z30 right now, shouldn't be an issue since I've used it on Koodo/Telus previously.

@JaK wrote:

Hey @stonechucker;

I think it would need to be at least somewhat compatible for @tod to even get Emergency Service. Sounds more like the phone is locked to another carrier.

@stonechucker wrote:

What phone are you using?  Is it compatible with the network?

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @stonechucker;

I think it would need to be at least somewhat compatible for @tod to even get Emergency Service. Sounds more like the phone is locked to another carrier.

@stonechucker wrote:

tod

@Shazia_K PM sent.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tod

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card # ?

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.