cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Emergency Alert (Amber etc) Not showing up

Hey PM family 

I have a question. Whenever there is a regional or countrywide alert (like an amber alert) I do not get the warning on my phone. But my mother's phone does (She has a Samsung s6 and I have an iPhone 7 plus and we are both with public mobile) 

I do not know what could be causing this issue 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Emergency Alert (Amber etc) Not showing up

@brettster99 Your data has to be set to 4g LTE  in order to get the Amber alerts. Stay safe. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 Hi Check under Settings --> Notifications --> Government Alerts and make sure that Amber Alerts and Emergency Alerts are both turned on.

Highlighted

@brettster99 Your data has to be set to 4g LTE  in order to get the Amber alerts. Stay safe. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@RossN 

I do not have that option

Highlighted

@gblackma 

Now that is probably the answer. As my mother didn't change any settings while I turned off LTE on my phone because I wanted better coverage and faster speeds lol. Okay I turned LTE back on and I will report back on the next government alert if that worked  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

A phone needs to be connected to the LTE network and on devices that are WPA compatible. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-receiving-amber-alerts/m-p/326897#M85...

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

Yes, LTE has to be enabled, but data does not actually need to be.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@brettster99 Hi Check under Settings --> Notifications --> Government Alerts and make sure that Amber Alerts and Emergency Alerts are both turned on.

When it comes to those settings, those settings won't change anything due to the way that the system is implemented in Canada. Those settings could all be turned off and you would still receive the alerts if connected to an LTE network.

Highlighted

@Triguy 

I do know my phone is compatible to that network to get the messages. I got it before at bell when I was with them. It's probably because I turned off the LTE. Which thanks to you and @gblackma have said its that I did not have LTE on so thank you again 🙂

Highlighted

@computergeek541 

Thanks again. The only reason like I said before it the faster speeds and better connection. With just 3G I get full coverage. With LTE I now only have 2 to 3 bars. But now I know why I haven't been getting them thanks