cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

monkie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have never had a data plan before. How do I get an email address for my new Public Mobile account?

20 REPLIES 20

@88cranston wrote:

Sooooo does any one actually access their account over a browser on their phone? Like I am older and would find everything too small and would use a desktop or laptop. I know younger folks can have better eye sight and ability to manoeuvre the screen. Just out of curiosity. 

I have once...I generally use my tablet but even that's small I have to zoom in...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Sooooo does any one actually access their account over a browser on their phone? Like I am older and would find everything too small and would use a desktop or laptop. I know younger folks can have better eye sight and ability to manoeuvre the screen. Just out of curiosity. 

Pinch and zoom and scroll no problem. Even helps for touching the dang links.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

ooooops. Sorry. I think I see that one of the replies has been flagged as a solution.

To access the PM account over a browser using an icloud email account should be easy.

And secondly i would suggest that @monkie obtains a gmail, hotlmail, or? account. From what I have Googled it is a task to use an icloud mail account on an Android. 

Does PM have an APP to access your account?

No unfortunately there is no pm app. Ironic that a solely online telecom company doesn't have an app for its service. Apparently they cost money  but I'm sure there's a 12 year old out there somewhere with one in their back pocket.

88cranston

ooooops. Sorry. I think I see that one of the replies has been flagged as a solution.

To access the PM account over a browser using an icloud email account should be easy.

And secondly i would suggest that @monkie obtains a gmail, hotlmail, or? account. From what I have Googled it is a task to use an icloud mail account on an Android. 

Does PM have an APP to access your account?

@88cranston wrote:

Setting up the iCloud account on an android is pointless in my opinion. To use iCloud email account you must be singed into your iCloud account which pre signs you into your iCloud  email, on an Apple product.  

But to use use your gmail on your phone try this https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204324/  or download the gmail app from Google play. What is best for you will be based on how many email addresses you have and who the email supplier is. 

@88cranston  I think the point of @monkie  is to have the ability to access his public mobile account from his phone as his Icloud email is used for his account.

88cranston

Setting up the iCloud account on an android is pointless in my opinion. To use iCloud email account you must be singed into your iCloud account which pre signs you into your iCloud  email, on an Apple product.  

But to use use your gmail on your phone try this https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204324/  or download the gmail app from Google play. What is best for you will be based on how many email addresses you have and who the email supplier is. 

So in theory as i am a neophyte in this area you should be able to or already have downloaded the Icloud app to your android phone.

monkie

I have a Samsung J3. I have an iCloud email account at home, which I used to set up my PM account. 

88cranston

You said you had a gmail account. 

Download the gmail app to your phone. 

If android phone set up google play and download gmail app to phone

If iPhone set up iTunes and download gmail app to phone 

Or if iPhone you likely also have an iCloud account with an associated email. iPhone has a email client that allows you to set up multiple emails all in one look. 

Let me me know what kind of phone you have, please. 

You can access email the same way you access this community - ooen a browser page, go to the site, login with username/password. 

@monkieIf you are using an Android phone.. make sure you are either connected to wifi or if you are using data, configure the APN.. then use the phone's default Email application. Enter the required info (can be any email address not limted to the info given to Public Mobile). Then you will get your emails on your phone.

Karnbot13

You have to download an email app to access your existing email address.

monkie

What I’m really wondering here is how do I access my email through my phone? Can I have my  emails go to my phone as well, or do I have to set up another email for my PM data plan?

You must use the same email for your PM Self-Serve account and your PM Community login to link Community Rewards ($) to your account balance. 

Your Community username is visible but your email and personal info isn't visible to anyone on the internet unless you want it to be - it is visible to the PM Moderators (employees) and perhaps the Community Oracles.

jonfirlotte

When you signed up to public mobile you needed an email so it looks like you're all set!

sherylgallant

Monkie, you should be able to access the internet using your phone data to sign up for any online email account, i.e. gmail or hotmail. 

You may have had an email account with your previous cell provider, but I don't believe that's a service offerred here. You will need an online account. I, too, have had an account with gmail since it's inception and have had no problems with them at all. You can sign up for one at mail.google.com.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Gmail.com is the one I use. Have had my address since it was a beta and it works easily and flawlessly.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@monkie, how did you sign up for the service?  During activation, you are required to provide an email address which then becomes the username. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

How do you sign up this forum acccount?  

You can use the same email to sign up public mobile.

There are many free email provider, yahoo, gooogle,  hotmail etc. 

Need Help? Let's chat.