cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email too long issue seems to be fixed now.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For anyone that ever tried to input an email address that was too long and not accepted as an email for the community or for self serve, the problem might be fixed now. For long time my community emai and my self serve were different because the self serve portal said my email was too long at 37 charactors total, so when I created a community account to contact Moderators they told me to use a shorter email so I created a shorter email but only shorter by 3 charactors(34 total) and it worked for self serve. Because my emails were different it wouldn't automatically apply my community rewards, so I'd have to bug Moderators each month to apply them.

But recently I received texts from Public with codes to set up self serve and my account for reason unknown had to be reset, and when getting the Moderators to look into and fix things I asked about the emails being different and they told me to try changing it, so just to see I tried my too long email and it worked. Changed it in settings in my community account.

So hopefully this means that the email lengths have been made to accept more, and now longer emails won't be a problem anymore.

1 REPLY 1

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Interesting, I never knew that existed. I wonder what the limit is now, @CS_Agent .

Need Help? Let's chat.