cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Email to Text/SMS

You are correct!  If you use those 2 formats you gave you will not get (999) 999-9999 showing up as the sender but you will actually see the name of the person and their email address as I just tested this too, so bravo we all learned something today,

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@giaboni no prablom, but i am talking about to can easy reply

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone getting this to work? I'm trying it now both ways (@mms.mb.telus.com and msg.telus.com) and its not working.  Do we need the hyphens in our phone number?

edit: it is working but really slow, taking 2-3minutes for the sms to come thru but only from the mms.mb.telus.com email.

My new phone is not waking the screen the same way it did when i first stared it when I get a text anymore, This email to sms is perfect for me to test without bothering anyone else, is there any other site we can input our number to send ourselves a test sms?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

What about the opposite? Text to email. Anyone succeed with this yet?

I am able to receive a text that was sent via email, but when I reply to the email address they do not receive a text back to their email. On my end it appears as if it was sent successfully, but they don't receive anything.

Specifics:

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@msg.telus.com I receive it but it appears to come from phone number 999-999-9999 and responding gets an error message.

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@mms.mb.telus.com I receive it and can see the email address from which it was sent, but when I send a reply the recipient does not receive it in their email inbox nor do I receive an error message.

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com I receive it and can see the email from which it was sent, but when I send a reply the receipient does not receive it in their email inbox nor do I receive an error message.

I have an elderly relative who does not have a phone but can do email. It would be nice to be able to reply to their email-to-text messages and have them receive my return text as an email. I cannot simply send them an email as I do not have a data plan, so this is the only way we can communicate digitally.

This would be pretty neat if we could figure it out.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@springtide wrote:

Hi all,

What about the opposite? Text to email. Anyone succeed with this yet?

I am able to receive a text that was sent via email, but when I reply to the email address they do not receive a text back to their email. On my end it appears as if it was sent successfully, but they don't receive anything.

Specifics:

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@msg.telus.com I receive it but it appears to come from phone number 999-999-9999 and responding gets an error message.

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@mms.mb.telus.com I receive it and can see the email address from which it was sent, but when I send a reply the recipient does not receive it in their email inbox nor do I receive an error message.

When a text is sent to myphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com I receive it and can see the email from which it was sent, but when I send a reply the receipient does not receive it in their email inbox nor do I receive an error message.

I have an elderly relative who does not have a phone but can do email. It would be nice to be able to reply to their email-to-text messages and have them receive my return text as an email. I cannot simply send them an email as I do not have a data plan, so this is the only way we can communicate digitally.

This would be pretty neat if we could figure it out.

@Lots of free Wifi avaliable @ coffee shop 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To update, my relative did finally receive my replies some 45, 77, and 128 minutes later, and only when I replied to texts sent to myphonenumber@mms.mb.telus.com

That seems abnormally slow in this day and age. But, if time is not important, I guess you could say "it works."

Anyone know any faster solutions?