cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Email to Text/SMS

Yes, that's exactly what I am talking about, I just wanted to make a point that the phone number that will appear on this email to text service on your Public Mobile phone when it receives this "email text" will be (999)9999999.

Happy email to texting people, it's works perfectly!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great news. Smiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I find the usage limiting though, as SMS is limited in 140 characters (including subject line) and most emails are much longer than that.  In addition, you cannot reply back. 

With email clients nowadays pretty much receiving emails almost immediately, in addition of messaging services such as Whatsapp, this option isn't as useful compared to flip phone days.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@polish_jr send to 111-111-1111@mms.mb.telus.com or 111-111-1111@msg.koodomobile.com its will work also you will can replly to it

@giaboni try 111-111-1111@mms.mb.telus.com or 111-111-1111@msg.koodomobile.com its will work also you will can replly to it not 999-999-9999

@texwood try 111-111-1111@mms.mb.telus.com or 111-111-1111@msg.koodomobile.com its will work also you will can replly to it

We are talking about 2 different things.  I am talking about when you RECEIVE a text that originated from an email showing all the 9's and you are referring to the format you need when you SEND a email to text depending on the carrier which is the phone number followed by the carrier and not all the number 1's as you so mentioned.

@giaboni i say that in order to not show 999-999-9999 when you got text by email and should show the email addrees than shuld you send the email to phone number @mms.mb.telus.com or phone number@msg.koodomobile.com

All I know is this which I tested it 2 minutes ago.  If you send an email to your own public mobile phone number 1234567890@msg.telus.com as an example which I just did right now, I get a text on my Public Mobile phone with this number appearing. (999) 999-9999.  I really don't care enough about this to reply again as I am just stating a fact of what actually happens when you only use this format being your phone number 1234567890@msg.telus.com