cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email is unavailable

kayyoung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account was disconnect after being out of the country for a few months. I have ordered a new SIM as I was told I needed to do, but now I am trying to activate it and I keep getting the error message “The self serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.” As this is the only email address I have, I’m wondering if there is a way to unlink it from my previous account so that it could be used again, or if I will need to make a new email just for the purposes of this. 

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kayyoung Email addresses cannot be reused even if the account has been deactivated. @will13am 's suggestion is your best bet, or these free email providers: https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts-1356641.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Accounts may deactivate after 90 days, but they don't really disappear from the system.  I don't think a username can be reused.  Just create another username.  Email alias is one solution to ensuring account linkage to the primary email.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@kayyoung After 90 days your account is disabled. If it won't accept your email first try again using Chrome in incognito mode, if it still won't accept it you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kayyoung 

90 days after the date you missed a payment, you account will be canceled and your phone number will be returned to the provider who provided you that phone number.  If you phone number is from Telus/PM/Koodo, you may be able to get that number back if Telus/PM/Koodo have not issue your old number to someone else.

How long you have left Canada?

The error message seems to indicate your account was canceled. “The self serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.”

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kayyoung wrote:

My account was disconnect after being out of the country for a few months. I have ordered a new SIM as I was told I needed to do, but now I am trying to activate it and I keep getting the error message “The self serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.” As this is the only email address I have, I’m wondering if there is a way to unlink it from my previous account so that it could be used again, or if I will need to make a new email just for the purposes of this. 

Was it more than 90 days. If not, then you just need to re-activate your existing SIM/Plan. If it was more that 90 days then you would need to contact the Moderator Team and see if they can help you with the reset.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kayyoung wrote:

Perhaps create a new email for your phone account? If not perhaps the mods can help

Click the link to contact the Moderator Team

Need Help? Let's chat.