cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELIM5: What's actually going on around here

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would someone be so kind as to fully summarize what's going on around here and all the Koodo stuff and buzz about swithing an PMs demise, etc.

It's like wading through quick sand and I don't think I'm alone.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

el56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Ludditewrote:

Word from a senior moderator: "Public Mobile will carry on in its current form.".

Word from Public Mobile management:
"While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today."

So the big question is "how long will it carry on in its current form, and when is 'some point' going to happen?"

Next month?
Next year?
The next Telus earnings call?

And ... will the Koodo carrot be as good then as it is now?
My guess is not, given that prices tend not to go down over time.

Others seem to be betting otherwise.

No one really know what is going on other than that Telus is really pushing for Public Mobile customers to move to Koodo. Many of us have voiced multiple opinions and guessed about possible future happenings, as well as expressed concern about the direction that Public Mobile appears to be heading, but the truth is that none of us (customers), really know with any certainty.

@MoraMan Word from a senior moderator: "Public Mobile will carry on in its current form.". So no changes to current offers and rewards, no price increases for now, special deals for some PM customers sometimes, periodic promo plans for new customers -- all in all my best advice is to: a) follow your wallet, and b) keep calm and carry on. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To sum it up

Pm is encouraging it's fall promo 12gb 120$ users to move to koodo. Not sure which group will be next

It seems pm is/will  transitioning to a full fledged 3rd tier provider offering limited 3g data buckets. It will probably look like lucky and chatrs offerings instead of being positioned between the 3rd and 2nd tier  prividers@

Need Help? Let's chat.