cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls yesterday

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi. Service has been stable since the dropped calls issue in May. However, the issue returned yesterday for me (am in downtown Kingston). Two calls dropped.

Both calls had the same length: roughly 53 minutes. One was in the morning, one in the evening.

Reported to mods, but wondering if others are experiencing this issue on longer calls or any calls in particular? TIA!

17 REPLIES 17

Bleu7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same dropped calls for weeks in Montreal with a strong signal. Roughly with the same length also.

@mh1983 wrote:

Hi. Service has been stable since the dropped calls issue in May. However, the issue returned yesterday for me (am in downtown Kingston). Two calls dropped.

Both calls had the same length: roughly 53 minutes. One was in the morning, one in the evening.

Reported to mods, but wondering if others are experiencing this issue on longer calls or any calls in particular? TIA!

Danitup

Could have been just a one of situation.. But would be nice to know. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's odd - I wonder what sort of glitch would cause that sort of issue with a plan change? 

Danitup

I had this same issue when I did a plan change and added unlimited US calling plan.. But calls were getting dropped both local and US calling. 

I changed back my plan and issues were fix. Would be nice to see if this is comon and is there a fix for this. 

TS31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have never changed my plan since moving to PM ($40 plan).  Calls are local and Canada wide, never to the US.

jor123

Don't think a plan change would affect anything would it? 

Danitup

Did you do a recent plan change.. or was it local calling or Canada to US. 

jor123

I had strong signal strength as well when my call dropped, and the other person was on a reliable landline. 

TS31

No one was in transit.  In fact, one person was only about 100M away and both of us had great signal strengh.

TS31

While this is possable, everytime I call back after a call drop I always ask the person on the other end if they are having issues and the answer is normally no or they were in a known dead spot.  Futher,  I moved 3 phones to PM and they are all dropping calls since the move.

jor123

This has happened to me a few times on longer calls (my signal strength was fine), but I didn't think too much of it at the time. May be more of a widespread issue? 

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Were you or the person you are conversing with in transit? You or the other person may just have hit a dead or weak spot. It also might be the other person’s signal instead of yours. I have not been on PM that long at all, but we have several phones on different carriers and PM always has the strongest signal, and no dropped calls so far.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TS31 wrote:

I've had two dropped calls this week early in the conservation.

How do you know it was your end that dropped the call? It could very well be the other party that dropped the call therefore your call dropped too.  

TS31

I've had two dropped calls this week early in the conservation.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983 wrote:

@mh1983  No drop calls here either. You did the right thing and notified the Moderator because if there is an issue with your account they should be able to reset it from their end.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Glad you're making use of your unlimited calling plan.

I have no issues with dropped calls here, but my longest call recently was 30 minutes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't live in Kingston, but in my locale, there has been no issues with dropped calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.