cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls - cannot create ticket with technical support

dabeedla1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

Lately I have been getting dropped calls when calling a TELUS number. It usually happens approx 2-3 hours in. Has anyone else had this issue / does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

David

EDIT: This is happening to me while i'm at home so it's unlikely to be a cell tower changing issue (I usually have pretty good reception). Before the recent Fall Promo, I was on TELUS and I didnt have this issue before.

EDIT 2: Have tried to create a ticket with technical support but it's showing another issue where it says "Your email does not match." so I'm stuck with the discussion forums until a moderator can help me out I guess 😞

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any updates here?

urlikewoah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PLEASE REMOVE

srlawren

@dabeedla1 there was a recent thread with someone saying they were consistently getting their calls dropped around the 2hr15min point.

The concensus was that just about every carrier does something similar.  They limit the length of the call to something they consider "reasonable" for a legitiimate call, and then cut it off.  They do this to prevent calls that are accidentally never hung up from carrying on indefinitely and tying up the network.  I think in principle it's a legitimate practice, though I can see how it would be annoying if you often needed to do longer calls.

My suggestion if you need long calls is to keep an eye on the time, and around the 2 hour mark, find a pause and gracefully mention that you need to hang up and call them back (or call back into the conference call).  This way at least it doesn't happen unexpectedly in the middle of a sentence when you hit the arbitrary cut-off point.  This isn't great, but it might help a little.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Yes, it still happens now with all of it in the same spot. I can test the SIM in another phone but I don't see why it would be so different compared to when I was with TELUS.

Sorry I was responding to that, though you had this issue with Telus.

This issue does seem unique to PM, your not the first to mention it. Haven't heard anything official.

dabeedla1

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

Realistically on the same network it shouldnt be any different than with telus.

Perhaps there are other factors at play since your telus days?  A hardware upgrade? Operating system update?

Nothing else has changed on my end - still using the same LG G4 and the same old OS

dabeedla1

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
If it did with Telus you can bet it'll do it with PM

Never had this issue with TELUS

Rockdaddy22
Someone stated a very similar thread a couple weeks ago. Same thing.

Realistically on the same network it shouldnt be any different than with telus.

Perhaps there are other factors at play since your telus days?  A hardware upgrade? Operating system update?

Rockdaddy22
If it did with Telus you can bet it'll do it with PM

dabeedla1

Yes, it still happens now with all of it in the same spot. I can test the SIM in another phone but I don't see why it would be so different compared to when I was with TELUS.

@MoreYummy wrote:

Does it still happening now?

Is it on the same spot or all over the place? 

Have you try to test the sim on different phone?

If happens often on same spot, you need to contact the technical support page.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@dabeedla1  I think its PM telling you 2-3 hours is long enough to talk at one time! 😄

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

It usually happens 2-3 hours in...  Call to a love interest?! Heart Robot LOL

Are you staying in the same place, or are you moving when this happens? MoreYummy has already asked a bunch of other questions, but I've had my call drop when travelling on the 401 before. The cause was probably changing between cell phone towers.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Does it still happening now?

Is it on the same spot or all over the place? 

Have you try to test the sim on different phone?

If happens often on same spot, you need to contact the technical support page.

Need Help? Let's chat.