cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment

Ni3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

Yesterday I go with public mobile they charge me twice first in the shop when I buy new sim card with new number and second time my credit card same day .why 

7 REPLIES 7

bhavukar

Where do you see the two charges . Is it showing posted on your credit card statement or just as authorisations right now? 

@sunilsurla wrote:

what happens when i want to cancel my service before next month?

Normally, the only way to cancel the service before a billing cycle ends would be to port the number out. There is almost no reason that I can see to request manual cancellation of Public Mobile services because you will not receive any refund if you cancel before the current billing cycle ends.

sunilsurla

what happens when i want to cancel my service before next month?

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Take any worries out first of all. All payments are accumulated in your account, and only your plan charges are deducted from this accumulated total. So even if you have made a double payment, your charges will only be deducted as per your plan and the remaining amount will be passed onto the next month. Hope this helps! 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Ni3 wrote:

Hello 

Yesterday I go with public mobile they charge me twice first in the shop when I buy new sim card with new number and second time my credit card same day .why 

You can pay up to 2 times when you activate. Once for the SIM card, $10 + taxes. Next is for payment for the first 30 days of service, amount depending on which plan you selected.

Which shop did you go to? Some shops might be offering you a free SIM card when you activate in-store.

Did you pay with your credit card and sign-up for AutoPay? If yes, your future bills will be reduced by $2. Since you paid full price for the first 30 days, you will see $4 AutoPay credit on your second bill.

Did you use a referral code when you activated? If yes, you will get one-time $10 credit within a couple days. This would offset the cost of the SIM card.

I believe there's anticdotical evidence that when the system is slow and you click a second time, the system CAN charge you twice. 

I this is the case, you should see the second amount in your available funds. They'll be used to pay your 2nd month and you're refund will likely not be processed before then. 

If this happened to me, I'd just let it happen that way.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ni3 

What were the charges on your credit card bill?  Did you activate in store or buy the SIM card and return home to activate?  

Normally, you need to purchase the SIM card for $10 + taxes.  When you activate plan, you need to pay for 1st month + taxes also.  

Need Help? Let's chat.